PDA

View Full Version : another planning question...sorry!

hop04
14-04-2010, 10:23 AM
hi all, currently at the moment ive got a 14month mindee and so when it comes to planning i just stick to his interests and dont try to fit it into a theme as such. For example he loves opening closing things at the mo so got things planned to encourage, engage and extend this.
i do a spidergram with the 6 learning outcomes to show how i have got theses activitites planned, obs opportunities etc... then each week d a weekly plan of how/when i plan to fit these in.
do i then need tp plan in each one out in detail? such as date,planned activity, what i expect to see, resources needed, why ive planned it and evaluation????? Or is this all far too much?
On my written and photo obs i put next steps and thats what i use for my furure planning, so will this just be me repeating myself??
Your help would be wonderful before i completly drown under this paperwork!:D

sarah707
14-04-2010, 10:54 AM
You need to show...

- what he enjoys doing...

- How you support him with different resources...

- How the obs you make help you to plan for his next steps...

- How he is getting on with his learning and development, using the Eyfs as a guide...

- what his parents say he is doing at home and how you link in with that...

You do not need to fill in complicated forms if you can show all this in other ways :D

retha
14-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi, just saw your post and thought I'd jump in.
I do my planning more or less the same way you do. I go mostly with the interest of the child and plan activities around it. I do not use themes - I used to but found it was not working and limited the child to make her own choices so she lost interest in activities very quickly. Now I let the child initiate the themes.

I do weekly planning and on my planning sheet I put around 2 activies for each day which I know the child likes to do, for example sand play or finger painting. Then I have a small section under each day which says 'Notes' and in this section I write down how the child responded to the activity, did she enjoy it as well as any activities she chose to do that was not planned by me.
I then use these notes along with my normal observation to do next month's planning.

So, for example if we did sand play this week and she really enjoyed it, next week I will give her a cup of water with the sand so she can mix it and play with the wet sand...

It works for me and it's working for my mindee too.
Retha