PDA

View Full Version : No more DHC

Avon
13-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I was informed last night that Bedfordshire are no longer doing the DHC once the current courses are finished and will instead be rolling out a new course in Sept/Oct time, which means I and several others will not have completed it by the time 6 months is up after our registration comes through! Love to see how Ofsted handle that one! We will be going through the first courses of the new one, I don't like being a guinea pig :(

Mollymop
13-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes I read about this a few months ago in Who Minds. It did says something like - you can carry on with the DHC if you have already started it (in the middle of it, etc)

My Dev Officer made me cross when I asked for her help to get me on the course via email and she said to phone the training dept "Phone this number and they will tell you about grants. regards" - then found out from another childminder that our Dev Off told her the same week that she needs to wait until the new course comes into force before applying.:mad: Why the heck she could be bothered to tell me that is beyond me (sorry for rant lol)

So I was all ready to make the leap and get the ball rolling when all along she knew that the course was about to change.:mad:

So I am waiting for the new one to start

Also if you have done DHC unit 1 - (the icp course) and were hoping to add it onto the full DHC, it will still be counted as the first unit of the new level 3 course.

aly
13-04-2010, 05:06 PM
they stopped the funding for it here last year...just as well i started the nvq really :rolleyes: