PDA

View Full Version : Sticking with sleeping routine?

Starfish007
13-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi All, wasn't sure where to place this thread so stuck it here. I have a new mindee starting Thursday, a 9 month old boy. I have been emailing his Mum arranging settle sessions etc and she says that his naptime is at 10am, this clashes a little with playgroup visits and outings. She maybe fine if I mention him having a different naptime but just wondered how you guys thought I could approach it and also how do you guys fit in different routines at your settings?

Lindy Loo

Carol M
13-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Yes, you are best to discuss with mum lo's sleep needs.
If 10am is sleep time and this is what lo needs he could always sleep in the buggy at group. As long as you are close by all the time. Outings , same thing.
I find that sleep patterns change often and usually end up fitting in with my routines as lo's adapt. It's a cause of regular talks with mums to make sure the needs of the child are met not just that it suits mum or me!
Carol x

Starfish007
13-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks Carol, your advice is really useful. Want to make sure my new mindee gets the sleeps when he needs to but want to ensure the other children don't miss out on outings.

Thanks again Carol.

Lindy Loo

TheBTeam
13-04-2010, 08:45 PM
We started caring for a 9month old last week, and tbh at that age they will sleep when they need it, although his pattern with us has been slightly different to that told by mum, more going on and more to watch etc. I think you will need to go with the flow and tell mum that you will meet his needs, and that they in all likelihood will be completely different to those with mum.