PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for these first ever children?

luiza.t
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I am not registered yet but I already have some children who will come at the same time I reckon I will be ready. I have not got a clue how much to charge...I live in SW London and there is a shortage of childcare in my area. I have a 3 year old who will be going to a part time nursery and I will probably have these sibilings: one 3 year old who will also attend nursey in the mornings and one 1 year old. That would be for 3 days a week / 10 hours a day...do know yet about meals but I dont mind providing as I will cook for my child anyway...
Anyone in London could tip me on how much charge please?
By the way, I dont have experience as a chilminder but I am a nursery practitioner

aly
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
its up to you if you want to discount due to siblings, others dont as they find that they are doing the same amount of work etc, I charge 10% discount.

some cms charge an extra £1.50 for hot meals and have drinks and snacks included in the fees.

You really need to check your local FIS and see what your local cms charge as fees are different all over, i charge £3.50 but im in south wales.

andalso if i was minding 1 in nursery then it would be full fees as i would be dropping off and picking up. This would be until they are in 10 sessions a week {in reception} as they are then classed as over 5 in your ratios.

sanou
13-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I am not registered yet but I already have some children who will come at the same time I reckon I will be ready. I have not got a clue how much to charge...I live in SW London and there is a shortage of childcare in my area. I have a 3 year old who will be going to a part time nursery and I will probably have these sibilings: one 3 year old who will also attend nursey in the mornings and one 1 year old. That would be for 3 days a week / 10 hours a day...do know yet about meals but I dont mind providing as I will cook for my child anyway...
By the way, I dont have experience as a chilminder but I am a nursery practitioner

Hi luiza

I think in SW London they charge between 4 &5 pound/h.

Mollymop
13-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Can you have a look on you local childcare link? It will tell you how much most childminders in you're immediate area charge.

x

Mookins
13-04-2010, 04:40 PM

just wondered how old your lil one is, didnt know if it would make your numbers wrong?
not being bossy but you said you not registered yet so didnt know if you new about the amount youre allowed in certain age groups:blush:
il shut up now and cower in a corner if you do, was just trying to be helpful

x x x

huggableshelly
13-04-2010, 06:59 PM
its worth checking out your local childrens center for fee advice, I have seen fees as high as £65 a day based on a 10 hour day for swlondon.