PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you move house?

luiza.t
12-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Say you live in a rented place and decide to move house, would you need to stop minding until the next assessment visit at the new place. I am (slowly) working towards become a childminder and want to move but only if I find the right place with the right price at the right location, so not sure if I should start as soon as I can or only after and when I move...
Any thoughts?

funfunfun
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Say you live in a rented place and decide to move house, would you need to stop minding until the next assessment visit at the new place. I am (slowly) working towards become a childminder and want to move but only if I find the right place with the right price at the right location, so not sure if I should start as soon as I can or only after and when I move...
Any thoughts?

You will have to register and have the house inspected that you move into ....as thats the house you will be using hth :)

aly
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
depends if you move completely out of the area. if staying in the area it will just be a case of stop minding when you leave the house you are in now, and when you have moved in to new place you will nedd to contact them to re-register your new place.

if you are moving countries like tulip has, moved from england to wales then it is a whole re-register.

luiza.t
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
ok but would I be allowed to work in bteween, I mean, before they re-register the new place?

aly
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
ok but would I be allowed to work in bteween, I mean, before they re-register the new place?

I don;t think you can as they need to risk assess your new home.

ring them and ask as everyone is different.

geordiebunny
16-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I have this problem, I was told that as soon as you have confirmed and have a moving in date you should let ofsted know and send in a letter from your landlord saying its ok to mind at new house. Then you have to do a full risk assessment for your files. Ofsted will decide if you need a visit. Just let them know asap.

singingcactus
17-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I moved house, informed OFSTED of my new address, they sent me a new certificate with my new address on it, I changed my insurance to my new address and began work. OFSTED got round to inspecting my around 8 months later.

And this is what will happen when I move again in 2 months.

SJ35
17-04-2010, 01:11 PM
hi, ok if i've read it right you are still doing your training? if you will be moving councils then you need to ring your new council and ask if any training you have done will count.
I moved councils during my training and was told i had to start from scratch again!! right down to re doing the 3 hour briefing session! and that isn't til September!! so i'm just stuck waiting now.

Stace x x

luiza.t
18-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Thank you for all the replies, I will start my training on August but I am also looking to move if I find the right place, so I just dont want to wait to start all the training and start working until I move, I want to get going.

FinleysMummy
05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
ooo im glad i found this as was thinking the same thing. Im currently childminding and have all my places took up. We have been looking at moving into a bigger house, something with the room downstairs for a play room (as we have our own 2 year old and trying for baby number 2 so would benefit us too) We're looking around the same area so that parents wouldnt have to come much further too us, plus i have the school run to do in the morning and afternoon.

So by the looks if it when we sell this one and get a moving in date for the new one i'd just ring ofsted and insurance and they will just change the address on the paper work. Then id do a full risk assesment on the new house when we got in there and then OFSTED will come to see the house when they get round to it lol. Thats great. Im hoping that we could sell and move whilst in the summer holls as i dont have any kids then, so would have 7 weeks to get in and sorted.

Although have found out last night that my wages cant be counted as i need 2 years worth of accounts to prove my income, but i only started in Jan. So its got to go on my husbands wage alone, plus half my child tax credits. So we're 30k short on the house we saw! What a pain!!!!!!!