PDA

View Full Version : A visit??

Emz
12-04-2010, 02:19 PM
OMG :eek: I have just read an email to say a mother wants to come and visit with her twins........ i am pooping it, just from reading that message.

Its my first enquiry as im looking at starting in September, i knew i'd have to do visits but when it happens in reality its all a little scary..... anyone else feel like this on your first, or does it continue like this for each one????

Think i need to mill it over as i'm not sure what to write back atm :blush:
x

Goatgirl
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Emz :),
Don't worry too much: you do get used to it, although it is very nerve wracking at the beginning. The more you do, the easier it gets honest, so get going! lol.
I'd say, just be organised , decide what you want to say to them about your setting, be clear about payment arrangements, deposits retainers etc and make sure you have toys or other resources out when they visit for the children so that they're occupied and having a good time. Engage with them too: get down on the floor and play/chat. Basically just be yourself :D.

Id send a reply answering any questions they've asked and suggesting a convenient time for a visit. Be good to get twinslined up for when you start :). But if you don't get the business, ask them for feedback on the visit and be glad of the experience. It'll help you plan the next one!

good luck!

bws, Wendy

king
12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I was surprised at how nervous I was on my first visit. I have only done 3 visits but it does get a little easier even though I still get nervous.
Good Luck! Twins:panic: Sure you will be fine just be organised.:)