PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Provision Planning

MacFi
11-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I have the EYFS Observations Planning Pack which is brilliant and I am trying to get into Continuous Provision Planning which makes real sense for me.
I have one mindee who is 15 months old and I am struggling because nothing is child initiated and I'm not clear what I should be writing in the Links to Outside and Main Links to EYFS boxes.
I have eliminated the Links to other Settings as I have him full time.
Is this right? and do you have an example for a baby that I could have a look at?

sarah707
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
So the child comes into your house and sits waiting for you to play with him?

He doesn't pick up any toys without you prompting him?

he doesn't walk around or look at things and shows no interest in music, dance, books or any of your resources?

He goes nowhere with his parents at the weekends and he doesn't have any interests beyond what you are doing with him...?

He doesn't play outside at all during the day? He has no interest in any outside resources?

He doesn't even track a moving ball with his eyes.

If you put a pan and wooden spoon outside, he wouldn't hit it..?

Everything the child does, says, moves towards, takes an interest in, does at home and enjoys at your house is child initiated play.

It's especially valuable if he is showing an interest in moving things around or piling things up or lining things straight...

Ok so you set up the sand tray or put a book box outside... but the child is the one who then goes and plays with it!!

This is the balance of adult led and child initiated play... adult led is your song and dance session but within that the child might initiate a song he wants to hear or might get up and do some dancing totally unprompted by you or might bang a drum in time to the music.

Do you see how it works? :D