PDA

View Full Version : my next go at planning

sophiemarie
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi have just changed my planning since last post would love any comments on changes or things I might need to add. Planning for 18 months and 3 years.
Thanks Again :) :)

hello kitty
11-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Looks comprehensive, is this a weekly plan or monthly?

Can you sustain this level of planning?

Well done. :)

sophiemarie
11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi its weekly yes it does seem alot but can't think how I can simplify it and still cover everything any idea?? :)

TammyN
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
i would generalise your continuous provision of item you have free access to then plan weekly for the other stuff you introduce.
as the children choose you can link to what area they cover
eg. sand could be kuw one day, numeracy the next, depends how they play or you direct. focus on obs, next steps to plan for next planned activities.
does this make sense?

sarah707
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
John is really interested in trains at the moment... he is train potty!!

Looking at your continuous provision, what activities might you provide to support him?

Books - Thomas the Tank

Outside messy play - sand to make train tracks

Jigsaws & puzzles - make a train jigsaw with John, using a big train picture he has coloured or made and you have photographed / printed together etc

meal time - sandwiches in the shape of trains; make a picnic and eat it on a pretend train...

Messy play - errr get out the transport shapes and use with playdough...

Now Jane on the other hand is a bit of a doll nut... how to support her?

Singing - rock a bye baby / miss Polly

Outside - take buggy outside

dressing up - provide nurse costume so jane can care for sick dolly... ETC

You can use your continuous provision to show how you follow each child's interests, not just list what you are getting out every day.

This makes it so much more personal to the individual child.

Does that make sense? :D

TammyN
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
ok ive just drafted a month plan for a mindee, i'm aiming to add to it, adjust etc as i go along, use as a working document, see what you think?

hope the link worked never done it before?

sonia ann
11-04-2010, 07:09 PM
ok ive just drafted a month plan for a mindee, i'm aiming to add to it, adjust etc as i go along, use as a working document, see what you think?

this is very similar to what i do.....nice and simple but effective:clapping: .....(bit like me really:) )

TammyN
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
this is very similar to what i do.....nice and simple but effective:clapping: .....(bit like me really:) )

:clapping: glad im on the right track, it's took me a while to find one i like and works as an ongoing tool, im intending to scribble/add to as things happen, note obs, next steps, etc and hopefully it will inform another interest to try? lets see how it works!

sophiemarie
12-04-2010, 06:43 AM
you are all stars thanks so much for your input going to have another go :)

sarah707
12-04-2010, 07:07 AM

Looking good! :D

miffy
12-04-2010, 07:08 AM
I have tweaked it for you! :D

Nice tweaking Sarah! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

sophiemarie
12-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I love this site don't know what I would do without you are all so helpful and generous with your ideas thank you:)

TammyN
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
:clapping: :thumbsup: thanx Sarah, wasn't sure whether to put that at start or wait and see which area the child takes it, iyswim. i guess it's easier to have a focus from the start!
Tammy