PDA

View Full Version : Starting my own cleaning business

Ben10mad
09-04-2010, 09:50 AM
After a long think and conversations to the tax office i have decided i am going to start a small cleaning business up, i have done some research and most company's are full.
They are charging 30.00 per house :eek:
How I am going to manage two jobs and paperwork i don't no, but i have an assistant with me who can care for children for short periods of time, so in the mean time the aim is to employ some one straight away for the cleaning and i will show what i expect and then hopefully the business will take off and i can still do childminding whilst have a another business on the side.
what do you all think?
Its just getting the customers, like this job!

Jules27
09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Think your crackers but good luck hun!!!!!:thumbsup: One business is enough for me lol!!! Trying to pursuade my best friend to start a cleaning business as she is fab at it, will be paying her to clean my bathroom and kitchen come september when her youngest starts pre school. She has a few other enquiries in the pipeline, really hope it takes of for her and for you!!!!:D

sandy64
09-04-2010, 10:39 AM
have i read that right £30 whole house???????????/ when can you start your only 45mins from me lol il look after your lo whilst you clean.
my friend is a new c.m and loves to clean so i told her she should change jobs. is it just insurance you need? i wish you lots of luck dont no how you would really manage 2 buisness but if you delegate youl manage. dont forget me im your first customer.:laughing:

Tatia
09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
£30 for an entire house? Can you come to Southend-on-Sea???

Are you sure that's the going rate cos that seems really, super, dirt cheap to me.

mama2three
09-04-2010, 02:15 PM
£30 for an entire house? Can you come to Southend-on-Sea???

Are you sure that's the going rate cos that seems really, super, dirt cheap to me.

its strange .. even if it took all day to clean a house and the rate was £30 we think that is incredibly cheap - but most of us charge less than that to have a child for a full day!

sandy64
09-04-2010, 02:29 PM
its strange .. even if it took all day to clean a house and the rate was £30 we think that is incredibly cheap - but most of us charge less than that to have a child for a full day!

lol that is so true never thought of it like that.

Mookins
09-04-2010, 06:13 PM
My sister in law does cleaning £10 per hour and thats quite cheap for down here!!
x x x

FizzysFriends
09-04-2010, 06:16 PM

You can only clean 1 house at a time though, you can look after 3 children.

angeldelight
09-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Good luck with your new job

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
15-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I used to do cleaning and charged £8 per hour but provided all cleaning materials, good luck hunnie its hard work especially if its a really dirty house ! and unkept they expect it to sparkle when you do it lol xxx

Ripeberry
15-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Don't know if you're like me, but If I ever had cleaners over, then I would feel like I needed to clean BEFORE they came, which would defeat the object :rolleyes:
My neighbours have a cleaner and I'm always SO tempted to ask her to come and do mine.
Don't know why they need a cleaner as they have no children and are out of the house for over 12hrs a day and away at weekends, they only use it for sleeping...lol!

AliceK
15-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Blimey £30 for a whole house :eek: I pay £20 for 2 hours to do my upstairs only and I supply all the materials.
Get yourself franchised down this way and I'll have you in twice a week at that price :laughing:

Seriously though, good luck.

xxxxxx

Rasharoon
15-04-2010, 11:10 AM
In Billingshurst, West Sussex - cleaners charge £10 per hour. Used to have one myself - that was a luxury I couldn't afford - and for what she did - I really did think I was in the wrong job. My problem was I didn't have a car to get out and about otherwise I would have really thought about it.
There are definately more cleaners than childminders where I live.

funemnx
15-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I did work as a cleaner for 6 months after I moved house and was waiting to get new children to mind. I had 3 or 4 houses a couple of times a week at £6.00 p/h (this was in 2001). with that and working part-time for Tesco (which I'd always done) ended up not too badly off. Preferred cleaning other peoples houses than my own plus I could manage my own schedule plus they almost always paid in cash!

EllaBella
15-04-2010, 11:19 AM
my mum was made redundant and couldnt find another job so after a while she set up her own cleaning business, chargingg £10 per hour, it took her well over a year to get her clients but she is now fully booked every day and now employs one othe lady , good luck with it :D xx

PixiePetal
15-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I pay £10/hr for my cleaner - one of my best friends :thumbsup: and I supply the cleaning stuff. That's about the going rate here.

When we moved out of our old house and she cleaned it, empty, from top to bottom, took 6 hrs - £60

Bushpig
15-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm in SW London - pay my cleaner £10 an hour... supply all materials.

Good luck with the new business! :thumbsup: