PDA

View Full Version : advice needed a.s.a.p please

sandy64
08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
hi my house is on market been on for 2mths had 1 person to see it, was reading up on selling houses/buying on internet cant say site but hes v.good, and took there advice on getting someone else to ring looking for a house with x amount of bedrooms in my area guess what they said they dont have any at mo :angry: what do i do?? thought of saying somone just turned up to veiw as theyed rang and be told there was none here? im not happy what would you do?:idea:

Hebs
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
i'd ring them and tell them you got someone to ring and want to know why they'd been told no houses available??

i'd be LIVID!!!!!

caz3007
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
hi my house is on market been on for 2mths had 1 person to see it, was reading up on selling houses/buying on internet cant say site but hes v.good, and took there advice on getting someone else to ring looking for a house with x amount of bedrooms in my area guess what they said they dont have any at mo :angry: what do i do?? thought of saying somone just turned up to veiw as theyed rang and be told there was none here? im not happy what would you do?:idea:

I would tell them, you are paying them an awful lot of money I am sure to sell your home, they are working for you, so should be marketing your home.

I would be inclined to consider taking it off the market with them and using another agent.

Was it you who had the huge difference in sale price from different agents

sandy64
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I would tell them, you are paying them an awful lot of money I am sure to sell your home, they are working for you, so should be marketing your home.

I would be inclined to consider taking it off the market with them and using another agent.

Was it you who had the huge difference in sale price from different agents

hi yes it was ive since had somone else and they value it 130k and seem lovely ive viewed houses with them as well hence why i was doing this. other agent was 80k and its on for 150k im so confused as its got to be worth while selling as trying to down size to have little mortgage

Mouse
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I would phone up, don't tell them who you are, ask all the necessary details and if they say there are no houses that fit the criteria, say "what about mine?" Then tell them who you are and ask why they're telling you there are no houses available when you know yours is.

sandy64
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
thanks for your advise ive rang them saying i wasnt happy that somone had rang to see if there was a house for sale in my area i said the guy had knocked on my door to see if he could view they said nobody had rang today:angry: and that he was in charge of lettings not selling as they were out. ive left it that i wanted the person in charge to ring me as im not happy with service. so il see what they say thats if they ring back but seriously thinking of changing agents.

caz3007
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Sounds like he passed the buck. Has any of your friends or acquaintances sold recently, if so it would be good to go on a recommendation, or see what agents seem to sell well in your area. We have two that seemed to sell on our estate and they go really quick usually

Mookins
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I would be savage...my mother is selling hers and everything goes through me, viewings etc (mum had a stroke)
we are on estate agents number 4...first 2 had exactly same problems as you both were rang and emailed on various occasions and said nothing about mums house third didnt even bother putting it on their website!!

put your foot down hun x x x

babs
08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
i would ring myself asking if any are avialable when they said no id say funny that its my house that has your forsale sign outside .... then go mental

TheBTeam
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
i would ring myself asking if any are avialable when they said no id say funny that its my house that has your forsale sign outside .... then go mental

That would be my advice too!

Heaven Scent
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I had a problem when selling my first house in the recession at the latter end of the 90's I lived in a village on the outskirts of a larger rather prestigious town and went with the only estate agents in the village well known one beginning with the letter B- they really messed us about and the jumped up upstart who managed the office was regularly very very rude to me so one day I saw red and wrote a long detailed letter to the head office (it came under the umbrella of a larger but less well known company) Turns out the upstart was related to the managing director of the parent company he was probably sent to our village out of harms way.

Anyway because I also mentioned that the manager made me speak to the financial advisor who took all our personal financial details and never got back to us with details of any mortgages etc the head office sent my letter to the financial ombudsman who got involved and carried out an investigation. In my letter I asked that they take the house off the market and we would be using another large firm from the main town to handle the sale which we started the ball rolling with - I told them what had gone on with B's and got them to agree to a really good commission rate and got them to give me a clad iron guarantee that they would be in touch with me on a weekly basis and a lot more. But before we signed on the dotted line the upstart got back in touch with us and agreed to lots of new photos and a double page brochure plus lots of other things if we agreed to go joint agency - we went back to the second agency with this and they agreed to do it but not with split commission they wanted to go winner takes all.

Funnily enough the house sold at a £13,000 loss (had a mortgage of £61,000 and got £48,000) so it was a huge percentage but it was in the days of people being in megga negative equity. Unfortunately the house sold through the first agent - I have to say though that I really did like the girl in the office and she kept our buyer in her place when she started messing us about.

I'd write a stonking angry letter to the head office and tell the truth that you had rung and when you pretended that it was someone else who'd rung and told you the people in the office lied and said there had been no phone calls. - Get heads rolling!!!!!! Also if you feel they have over or under valued your home tell them.

You may have already realised from other posts that I am very protective of my home and I feel that anyone you invite into it should be respectful towards you, your family and it when they are in your home and I mentioned that in the letter too. How dare they disrespect you in this way - we all work so hard to afford our homes so they have no right to undermine that.

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRR:angry: :angry: :angry:

Stand up and be counted girlie - you are in the right and quite within your rights!!!!!!!

sandy64
09-04-2010, 08:51 AM
hi heaven scent you dont fancy making some calls for me lol:laughing: :laughing: