PDA

View Full Version : My head hurts !! SEF

skytvaddict
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
:(

I have just bought Sarah's book and can't wait to receive it.

I am struggling with the form - hopefully Sarah's book will clear my head. :panic:

Toothfairy
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Highly reccomend Sarah's E-book, I don't think I could have done my SEF without it. :thumbsup:

mama2three
07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
there are 2 ways of looking at it really.
sarahs book is fantastic and mrs O said my sef was the best she had come across...
but if Id just done it on my own I would have done a very superficial job , nowhere near as much detail or thought gone into it .. and saved about 12 hours!
just depends how diligent you want to be ....but by even buying the ebook in the first place it shows which person you are!! Its not a magic wand though and makes you really focus on your practice - the whole point of the sef being for you , rather than for ofsted. Mine took 14 hours and if Id had more time could have taken longer.

TheBTeam
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
YUK YUK YUK, i dont want to think about it!!!!!!!!!!! I did the old sef, have the new one to do, I have just got the first run of my tax return done, and my accounts and obs are pretty up to date, so my next job is my sef!

I am going to start doing some each day once the kids are back to school after easter (well that is the plan!) I managed my first one on my own, but have bought Sarahs ebook cos my brain is fed up with all of this paperwork, so hoping that it will have done some of the leg work for me, that said just reading the ebook (although seems absolutely brilliant), is enough to scare the living daylights out of you if the sef is even longer!!!!!!!!:panic:

skytvaddict
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I have received it and had a brief look.

Think it will help me lots BUT

I think my problem is that I have only been minding since 8 March, am expecting Ofted some time soon but only have about 60 hours of minding under my belt of one 17 month old, a handful of observations and that is about all! I haven't even planned anything specifically for her yet as her time here has been about getting to know her.

I suppose I can only do so much self evaluation of that! :)

Hats
15-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I have received it and had a brief look.

Think it will help me lots BUT

I think my problem is that I have only been minding since 8 March, am expecting Ofted some time soon but only have about 60 hours of minding under my belt of one 17 month old, a handful of observations and that is about all! I haven't even planned anything specifically for her yet as her time here has been about getting to know her.

I suppose I can only do so much self evaluation of that! :)

I'm much the same, only been minding for 3 weeks to 2 9 month olds. Sarah's SEF e book has been a fantastic help though. I'm just going to complete form as best I can and wait for constructive criticism from ofsted when they come! :blush: