PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good holiday place for two ladies on their own?

desiderata
07-04-2010, 08:45 AM
This year it boils down to myself and my 20 year old daughter going away for a 2 week break by ourselves. Now we are looking forward to this and want to go abroad for some sea and sand, (cos the men would never go there when we went them) we spent all of yesterday on the computers searching but because we have not been before we dont know where to start looking that is good and safe. Any ideas would be gratefully received. :)

LOOPYLISA
07-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Canaries.... all year round sunshine and pretty warm too at this time of the year, only 4 hours max too flying time :thumbsup:

edayhouse
07-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree the Canaries is perfect.

My husband and i went to Egypt last year and had a brilliant time but i personally wouldnt go with another female - too mush hassle from the locals.

What about somewhere like Italy?
Enjoy
x

maisiemog
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd agree with the Canaries. Some fab deals out there at the moment as well!

we've been to all the islands now and our fave is prob feurteventura but its all down to personal preference!

I'd agree about the Egypt comment as well! I went with DH a few years ago and even with him there I got a lot of hassle off the men. We'd love to go back but for that reason wont go with our DD!

ajs
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd agree with the Canaries. Some fab deals out there at the moment as well!

we've been to all the islands now and our fave is prob feurteventura but its all down to personal preference!

I'd agree about the Egypt comment as well! I went with DH a few years ago and even with him there I got a lot of hassle off the men. We'd love to go back but for that reason wont go with our DD!

i was about to say that egypt although wonderful is not really suitable for women on their own
whereever you go have a wonderful time
mxx

LOOPYLISA
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I have heard the trouble you CAN get in Egypt :rolleyes:

singlewiththree
07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I loved Italy I went to Lake Como and the Italian men love the ladies :) It was lovely and hot but no sand just water.

WibbleWobble
07-04-2010, 03:44 PM
lesbos...i know...stop laughing!:blush:

the kids and i went there for two weeks a few years ago...we had no cash and i had jusy come out of an abusive relationship so we needed safe and secure.

well...it was lovely. best holiday i have ever had. Lots of single mums and small families wanting safety and no rowdy lads. we did have a great time during the evening and had lots to drink etc but i felt happy walking back from retaurants with teenage girls and not be accosted by p:censored: ed up blokes. Non threatening...relaxing and a good laugh!

desiderata
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys, Have been and booked Fuerteventura. going in June so looking forward to it now xxxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
09-04-2010, 06:52 PM
lesbos...i know...stop laughing!:blush:

the kids and i went there for two weeks a few years ago...we had no cash and i had jusy come out of an abusive relationship so we needed safe and secure.

well...it was lovely. best holiday i have ever had. Lots of single mums and small families wanting safety and no rowdy lads. we did have a great time during the evening and had lots to drink etc but i felt happy walking back from retaurants with teenage girls and not be accosted by p:censored: ed up blokes. Non threatening...relaxing and a good laugh!

I was gonna say the same I had heard it was lovely (from a single mum who went with her two pre-teen daughters).