PDA

View Full Version : oh i feel awful!!

Mookins
06-04-2010, 08:22 PM
have just put a wanted on freecycle for some bits and pieces and a lady has just replied saying she has a brand new twin pram i can have for £50 she selling cos she miscarried at 12 weeks... i feel terrible for her..havent yet replied as not sure what to say...want to snap her hand off for the items but knowing what she must be going through its terrible

~Chelle~
06-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I personally would not reply.

People on Freecycle are not allowed the take money for items. It does sound a bit like a sob story for you to feel guilty and buy it from her.

I would leave well alone x

Mookins
06-04-2010, 08:30 PM
:eek: oh my word never thought of that!

caz3007
06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I wouldnt reply as it seems strange that someone buys a brand new pram for twins before 12 weeks, and also freecycle is for free stuff.

sfox2003
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I wouldnt be so hasty to dismiss it. People can have scans at 8 weeks onwards, so she may have known it was twins got giddy & bought a pram, maybe she saw it on offer & decided to get it.

She miscarried both babies at 12 weeks - very sad. She obviously just wants rid of the stuff now hence the cheap price.

Freecycle is supposed to be free. She may have an advert elsewhere but saw your wanted ad.

caz3007
06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
True, in a way I hope it is a bit of a scam and that the said lady didnt miscarry, cos thats a shame

Mookins
06-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Have messaged back and said I am very sorry to hear of her miscarriage very sad indeed....am interested in all items that are free but being easter Hols I dont have £50 spare (which is true) for the twin buggy although will keep her details and if she has it still when I have the money will get back in contact

dont know if I would feel right having it...think thats all id think about everytime I used it whether it be true or not:(

sfox2003
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
From someone with experience of loosing a baby (I lost a little boy in my 2nd trimester) - dont avoid purchasing the item so that you dont have to speak about her loss with her.

People tend to treat you like your made of glass - no need.

You could be doing her a favour by taking it off her hands quickly. I was also daft & got giddy buying things too early. I even booked a nursery place at only 9 weeks!!!

Trust me when i say she wont do it again. The baby I had after that I didnt buy anything for until the last minute. I only did the nursery a week before he was born! :)

All Im saying is it could be a scam - but its more likely to be genuine in my opinion. Snap up your bargain!

ORKSIE
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
dont know if I would feel right having it...think thats all id think about everytime I used it whether it be true or not:(

I agree with you there:(

Mookins
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
From someone with experience of loosing a baby (I lost a little boy in my 2nd trimester) - dont avoid purchasing the item so that you dont have to speak about her loss with her.

People tend to treat you like your made of glass - no need.

You could be doing her a favour by taking it off her hands quickly. I was also daft & got giddy buying things too early. I even booked a nursery place at only 9 weeks!!!

Trust me when i say she wont do it again. The baby I had after that I didnt buy anything for until the last minute. I only did the nursery a week before he was born! :)

All Im saying is it could be a scam - but its more likely to be genuine in my opinion. Snap up your bargain!

I too lost one and hated all the treading on eggshells... shes just messaged again offering some playmats too...poor love dont think she is a scammer think shes just being kind
x x

Mookins
07-04-2010, 09:57 AM
shes also offered me books,childrens nursery cds,a brand new rocking crib, highchair, single pushchair, playnest, bouncy chair:)

cant risk turning all these down and shes not far from me either its a tandom pushchair still boxed from argos (still in the book) worth £140!!!

have told her am more than happy to take it all but havent got £50is she willing to swop for some gorgeous goodies from a party planning company I work for (cant say the name on here as its advertising my (slow) business)
just waiting to see what the reply is...hubbys freaking wher you gonna put it all just wait until nearer the time

x x x