PDA

View Full Version : What is Continuous Provision

MacFi
06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Can someone explain this in basic terms for a newbie, I've done a search and I dont really understand.:rolleyes:

sarah707
06-04-2010, 07:43 PM
everything you have available for children to play with / do...

Your books, messy play (sand, water etc), music box, ICT resources, building and construction toys, mark making resources...

All the fab things you have provided to support children's learning and development come under continuous provision... because they are continuously available.

So if you are planning a themed activity around, say, animals, you would look at your continuous provision and think...

Books - put the animal books into a special box

Messy play - make a zoo in the tray with soil, stones, twigs, small world animals etc

Music - put together a list of animal songs and rhymes; buy a new CD for the CD player of animal music

Construction - help the children to make a farmyard using the Lego. Leave it out so they can come back to it

Mark making - provide lion shaped writing paper as a little one went to the zoo and really liked the lions

Does that make more sense? :D

hop04
06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
do you put the C.P into tiny detail such as name of books you have craft materials you have etc... as this could take a long time. Do you highlight next to each provision where you expect it to come under EYFS?

MacFi
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
ahhh, that helps loads, now I see why its different to long term planning:clapping:
So I can link it to my theme each week

hop04
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Ive decided to buy your ebook on C.P sarah!!:D

sarah707
07-04-2010, 06:50 AM
ahhh, that helps loads, now I see why its different to long term planning:clapping:
So I can link it to my theme each week

Yes that's pretty much it!

Some people put together CP sheets (there are examples in one of my e-books) but you don't have to have them.

Mostly CP can be used for the type of planning I've listed. But it's up to you, there isn't a rule book, it's about how you find it easiest.

CP is just one way of doing things :D