PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit run

louise
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi. I'm looking for a new run for our rabbit as i'm fed up with having to fix ours as our spaniel keeps on standing on it!. So can anyone recommend one that is strong enough for us? I was looking at the metal ones are they any good? Most seem to have the mesh just nailed in which wont last.
Thanks Lou

Trouble
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
we use an old dog cage for our guinea pigs then nothing can get to them and just keep moving it around, we made them a little house to go inside for the shade:D

louise
06-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh never though of that. Do you mean the training ones? We have one in the attic. I have been looking at the wire ones and thought of getting pegs for it. Will get hubbie to get it down and give it a try. I know that should take his weight if he gets on it. Thanks.

Trouble
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
sorry had to go for tea

yes the ones that are like a square with cage sides including the top but ours has a cover at one end for shade which we made and we just peg it down to make sure the dog or cat cant get to them:angry:

louise
06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks. We will try that out a lot cheaper then getting a new one. The crate cost enough on it own so its good to have another use. mind u it came in handy when one of the cats got hit by a car and had to stay in it for 6 weeks.
Thanks again

louise
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I gave it ago but Molly escaped. The gaps at the bottom are to big. I did see a strong looking one in the pet shop though