PDA

View Full Version : Wrap around childminding only?

vickisulli
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi,
I'm just thinking about the possibility of childminding... and I have a few questions if anyone can shed any light.

First, when they do the checks for becoming a child minder, do they get references from previous employers even if the previous employer has nothing to do with childcare? And would it be a problem having been sacked from my previous job (nothing illegal or dangerous etc). I already have a CRB check as I also teach extra-curricular French to primary kids.

Also, I would probably only want to do wrap around care of school-age children, as I have my own very young children and don't want to share much time with any other tinies in the daytime. Is there any difference in the registration process if you only want to care for older kids, and for a small number of hours?

Thanks for reading and any advice anyone can give.

Vicki

Mookins
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
hi you will still need to have a crb check done for the childminding

you can request to only be on the older childrens register (sorry forgotten the name) all depends whats in your area i suppose

x x x

christine e
06-04-2010, 04:25 PM
If you are not on the early years register the cost is much higher off the top of my head think it is £100 instead of £30.

Cx

Twinklestars
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
you have to give the names of the people for them to get references from don't think it specified employer, I put a work colleague, my manager and her manager, they only sent forms to my colleague and my managers manager, he wouldn't fill the question about how I could care for children as he didn't know so I had to put a friend instead.