PDA

View Full Version : ive got 8mths

mad house
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
What should a normal daily plan look like?

ive not started as its my first day of minding and not sure how many activites to plan a day plus shes only 8mths!!!

help please

Shar
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
A daily plan is a list of activities including arrival and departure on an average day.
eg.
8am- arrivals
8.30- breakfast
8.50- school run
9.30-11.30 playgroup
12- lunch
1pm- 2pm nap time/ quiet time
2.50- school run
3.15-4.15- Park/ outdoor play
5pm home time

mad house
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
aww thankyou i was gonna write school trips , sleep ect. but unsure of activities how many to plan a day ? and when to lead a adult activitie and a child led activitie/ very confused

TheBTeam
07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I think that for a child of 8months, you will really need to go with the flow, i personally wouldnt plan how much is solo play and how much adult involved or led time, it will really be completely different each day with a baby so young. We have just started with a nine month old and have done 3 days know, all of which have been different. I try and guage when he will play happily on his own for a bit, when he needs some adult intervention and this is all fitted in around the milk, food, nappy, sleep stuff and sometimes he is more happy to play on his own or to be sat on my lap and interacting with me, sometimes i am sat on the floor but he has ventured off on his own, other times he needs me to play with the toys with him.

I have been told by his mum that he likes toys that have lights and sounds and he likes banging things to make a noise, so I have a selection of these out and some other bits to extend what he likes, and he has access to the toys that are out for the other two year olds, we are singing/dancing and just enjoying ourselves, i can not plan for this, i am having to follow his lead.