PDA

View Full Version : It said 2-4 weeks...

kimbelina
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM
So I got the phone call about my pre-reg today - less than a week after sending out the form, eek!! She sounded nice which is a good start I suppose :)

She's coming on thursday though, and the house is a bit (/a lot) of a mess! And sadly the garden has no hope of being registered yet... :(

Lots of tidying and revision of the EYFS methinks :panic: :eek:

maryp0ppins
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
good luck X:thumbsup:

sarah707
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
You'll be fine! Relax :D

KarenM
06-04-2010, 06:18 PM
know how you feel, have mine on Monday and I only sent it last week.

NaggyNat
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
You will be fine! I am a newbie and only started minding last week so the experience is fresh in my mind. I was petrified but honestly it was fine and the inspector was so lovely. The first time she was supposed to come round....I took my son to meet my sis who was taking him to toddler group and my front door broke and I couldnt get in!!!! Inspector was due at 10am and this was 9.20am! I was nearly crying out front. The inspector turned up and was soooo lovely!!!! So, don't worry....they aren't scary really (well not on first visit apparently lol)! You will be fine, good luck and try not to worry too much....This time next week it will all be over and you will be well on your way to being Registered.

xxx

doodles
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Its not half as bad as you think it will be.. Good Luck!!

funfunfun
06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
So I got the phone call about my pre-reg today - less than a week after sending out the form, eek!! She sounded nice which is a good start I suppose :)

She's coming on thursday though, and the house is a bit (/a lot) of a mess! And sadly the garden has no hope of being registered yet... :(

Lots of tidying and revision of the EYFS methinks :panic: :eek:

I was the same house was child friendly - clean organised

although my garden is the same as yours by the sounds i decided to not have it registered......when its done you can let them know thats what i plan to do

Good luck with your inspection !!

kimbelina
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks everybody :)

I actually tidied the house up really quickly and it was really easy - all that organisation I've been trying to make myself do has actually paid off :laughing: makes such a difference having my own house now though, I have to say!

although my garden is the same as yours by the sounds i decided to not have it registered......when its done you can let them know thats what i plan to do

Yeah I'll probably do that to be honest, there's so much to do on the garden that I don't think she could possibly register it yet even if she gave me a massive list of conditions for registering!

kimbelina
09-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, she came yesterday and all was fine, I thought it would be but obviously it's nice to get it over with!!

The garden is not going to be registered since she said I'd have to comply with the specifications within 2 weeks - not going to happen! The house was all fine though (thanks to hubby for helping me tidy the place :D) and she seemed to be a nice lady.

Amusingly though, i think she walked off with one of our table mats, lol!! However she's got to come back to get CRBs which hadn't come in the post as they should have done so hopefully we'll get it back ;)

I hadn't realised quite everything about the way they register the number of kids though, I thought that you got registered for a specific number in each age group (max six kids, three under 5s, one under 1, etc), and your kids just counted into that ratio.... but apparently they change the amount of kids you're registered for depending on your own kids, meaning that once my baby is born i'll have to write to them and get it changed to max 5 kids with none under 1, then once mine is 1 year old i'll have to write to them again and get it changed to max two under 5s and one under 1... and so on!! How confusing (and pointless) is that! I said to the Ofsted lady that was a strange way of doing it and she laughed and sort of said, "yeah..." :laughing::laughing: :rolleyes: