PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg inspection went really well!!!!!!

MissySpaceGirl
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Although I am a newbie on here I thought it might be useful to other newbies waiting for their inspection, to see what its all about.

I was panicking for about a week when she rang to set the date and got my family into a right whirl too (sorry hubby x ) but when she arrived she was such a nice lady.

She arrived on time at 930am and asked where the best place was for her to sit with her laptop.

The night before I had laid out my dining table with all my paperwork and folders so she sat at the table and this proved to be the best move.
Because I had already done alot of paperwork ahead of her arriving it meant she asked very few questions.
I had all my policies and procedures both in a file for me and as a 'Handbook' for parents along with all the permission forms etc.
I had also done up a Visitor Book, Fire Records folder, Menu File, Parent Info Folder, EYFS folder, Risk Assessment Folder with all assessments updated including outings, Planning Folder to show her how I intended to observe and record etc.
I also had a 'cleaning folder' which has daily/weekly/monthly checklists and she loved this.

Also I had done all my safety checks including securing a high impact absorbing foam cushion which goes around your fire hearth protecting the children without the need for a fire guard. She commented she hadnt seen this before!
All in all it was worth the headaches I have been getting trying to get all this done. I know you dont need this done prior to the inspection, but like she said, once I start minding I havent got the added stress of finishing my paperwork off.

Just be as prepared as you can be, fill in your booklet with the questions incase she asks you anything and enjoy, because they are there to help and advise you.

One useful tip '' Scrap stores' around the country where you can load shopping trolleys full of craft stuff for a really cheap price.

Gail xxx:)

Emz
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Glad it went well for you, you sound super organised! You wanna pop by and sort mine out too lol
x

MissySpaceGirl
05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks Emz, but i think you lot are already super duper organised.:)
Without this forum I owuldnt have been as organised as I was xxxx

Toothfairy
05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Well done :thumbsup:

Leanne59
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
well done!

LittleSteps
06-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Well done, I'm dreading mine but reading this has reasurred me it won't be THAT bad ;) Thanks.

MissySpaceGirl
15-04-2010, 06:09 AM
U will be fine Littlesteps! Go get em! Oh and do tell us all how it went. Best of luck xxx

angeldelight
15-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Glad you did ok

Thanks for the great feed back hopefully you will make newbies not worry so much

Angel xx

Mrs_F
15-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Well done, your way ahread of me lol