PDA

View Full Version : Resource lists

Curly Quavers
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I would like to know how many of you have such a thing as a resources list and does the cc look for one?

This has been on my list of things to do since registering back in June and with an inspection looming every time I sit down to start it I really can't be BOTHERED :(

little chickee
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Do you mean a list of all the toys and equipment that you have? If so i do not have one and have never been asked to produce one by CC.

I would not think its necessary unless you want to be super organised with rotating toys etc. I have all my toys in the playroom and the kids can choose whatever they want.

All craft materials are in a separate cupboard and i would rather chuck it all out than have to go through it and list it all!!

But then i am not one for creating work for myself!!

sarah707
03-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I had to do one for a quality assurance thing with Ncma I did a while ago.

I've not heard of CC expecting one though :D

Curly Quavers
03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Do you mean a list of all the toys and equipment that you have? If so i do not have one and have never been asked to produce one by CC.

I would not think its necessary unless you want to be super organised with rotating toys etc. I have all my toys in the playroom and the kids can choose whatever they want.

All craft materials are in a separate cupboard and i would rather chuck it all out than have to go through it and list it all!!

But then i am not one for creating work for myself!!

The reason I had it in my head I needed one was becuase they might ask how I keep track of cleaning toys that sort of thing.

My head is mush getting ready for my inspection.

Yesterday I printed off my SEF and put it into a ring binder and behind each question I enclosed all the evidence to support my answers. IYSWIM

Garden looks like a bomb has hit it :( I'm getting stressed - I know what I need to do and that is make a list that always makes me feel better LMAO!

peanuts
03-04-2010, 09:16 PM
i have a list on my notice board, my cco was well impressed with it. did it after older afterschooler was bored with nothing to do s0 he said- mum saw my list and went through him for complaining for being bored.

Gizmo
04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I am doing scheme of excellence and we have to do it for that, it is on my to do list this week on my week off :(

beccas
04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
omg it would take me months to do mine:eek: i have been minded nearly 8 years and have over 25 boxes of resources and then craft stuff and other toys that are out all the time plus hopefully new ones if i get my grant.....

TheBTeam
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Same here I seem to have shed loads of stuff, which I am hoping to get a picture catalogue of, but I still get fed up with it and constantly look to buy more!

Last of which is a musical instrument set and a djembe drum, just got on ebay!

peanuts
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
i just put misc 24/50/ 100piece jigsaws ect
craft material box thing like that rather than naming everything.

ninteno games ect rather than naming them all

Karaza
04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I list toys I clean each week and toys as I rotate them but don't have list of all resources as would be more paperwork that I just don't need.

peanuts
05-04-2010, 06:11 AM
heres what i have on my notice board

margaret
05-04-2010, 06:56 AM
i gave my daughter the task of photographing every toy i own-loads ,and making a picture book with names of toys underneath,took her a day,laminated very page.Now i just photograph toys i buy and add to book ,and cross out toys i no longer have.As for cleaning i told ofsted i clean toys and boxes on an ongoing basis with children ,and i am not writing all that down. The kids love looking through toy book