PDA

View Full Version : planning

sammie09
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
hi i have a mindee who is nearly to and i have just been told i have to do planning i have had her for a year now i just do things as it comes how would i set out planning n what would i put in it
i would be grateful for any advice

sarah707
03-04-2010, 08:31 AM
If you do things as it comes then you are doing planning!!

All you have to do is to write it down.

First of all write up her weekly routine in a week grid - outings to toddlers, ducks, library etc... places you go most weeks.

Then think about how you fill the time in between.

So she plays and she plays with... what? What are her favourite toys at the moment? This is child-led planning.

Then think about all the times you offer her extra things to play with, so that she can extend her interests... this is your adult-led planning.

then ask parents what she likes doing at home... this is their planning for her.

Put it all together and you have a child-led plan, following her interests.

hth :D

tas
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM
If you do things as it comes then you are doing planning!!

All you have to do is to write it down.

First of all write up her weekly routine in a week grid - outings to toddlers, ducks, library etc... places you go most weeks.

Then think about how you fill the time in between.

So she plays and she plays with... what? What are her favourite toys at the moment? This is child-led planning.

Then think about all the times you offer her extra things to play with, so that she can extend her interests... this is your adult-led planning.

then ask parents what she likes doing at home... this is their planning for her.

Put it all together and you have a child-led plan, following her interests.

hth :D

Sarah thank you!
I read this post as I need to do weekly planning but wasn't sure how to fit it all together, but I do now! :clapping:
Thanks again this forum is so helpful :)