PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about cheques.....

Lou
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Bought a new purse today, was taking everything out of the old one to transfer and found 2 cheques that my dad had given me for the children.....in May last year :eek: :eek:

What should i do? can i bank them? or do they expire after a certain amount of time?

Gosh how rubbish am i!!!!

Mookins
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
bank them I had one from nearly 2 years ago went through fine...just pre warn your dad if pos

x x x

littlestar
02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
oh i really dont no but i would suggest you tell your dad and let him no if you are putting in bank no incase he does not have the right amount in there and they bounce :eek:

caz3007
02-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I used to work in a bank and cheques had to be paid in within 6 months, but it depends on whether the bank notices the date or not.

Just a suggestion if you see your dad a lot, why not ask him to change the date and sign the change, then all would be ok

sonia ann
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
oh(ex Big Bank) says they expire after 6 mths but it relies on the cashier to spot it so you might get away with it:)

FizzysFriends
02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Its supposed to be 6 months but I have banked cheques that were so badly written wrong details, scribbled out and not initialled etc) and they have gone through fine, I put them in the machine.

Lou
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks, i will try and pay them in, better ring dad first and warn him, he is used to it though, i am a scatterbrain lol. Anyway they are to go in accounts he opened for them, i dont know why he cant keep the books and deal with it all lol.

JJAY
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I used to work in a cash office and it is 6 months, but I have banked cheques later and they went through ok.
I think it would be easier to ask your dad to change the date and like said already it would be respectful to let him know you were banking them.