PDA

View Full Version : Which Grants?

Avon
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I was wondering what set up grants/funding people have received and where they applied to to get them?
A local childminder mentioned something about a Surestart grant, I was wondering what else there maybe to apply for as well if you are allowed to apply for multiple amounts?
Also, what type of amounts are we looking at? It seems that its going to cost quite a bit to get up an running and I am keeping track of everything I spend (accounts book and receipts).

I am in Bedfordshire if this helps.

I do have some toys but have just moved (having got rid of a lot of old stuff), I only have girls so am in need of boys stuff, outdoor toys, storage etc. Its cost me quite a bit so far, including the cost of my first aid course and paperwork.

I have been using Freecycle and I am in 2 groups but nothing much suitable comes up very often, I have also put quite a few requests in.
The NCT sales are few and far between here and I have perused Mumsnet. I cannot afford too much without an income yet!
A local childminder who is moving has given me a few bits, so that was nice :)
I seem to have soooooo far to go!
Thanks in advance!

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I got £500 still waiting for it .......

Im in doncaster though was a development trust for small bussinesses nothing to do with early years or teh council though had to do a bussiness plan and show that i could not afford the items i had asked for !!

I am going to ring the council next week though to enquire about the capital fundung grant ...........see if im eligable .

Id ring your early years and council ask them to point you in the right directions for funding in your area

Good luck