PDA

View Full Version : Double pushchair dilema!!

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I have bought a double pushchair (side by side)b4 xmas i may add as it was half price :)

I have since discovered that my local school the gates are not wide enought (OMG) for the puschair to go through even if i turned it sideways it wouldnt go through as there is a metal railing.

i will be doing 2 scool runs a day for my own children and when i start minding i may need the double and will be taking mindees with me

Can anyone reccomend an infront double pushchair thats not MEGA exspensive ????

Thankyou

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
i have an out and about 360 and it gets through standard doorways no problems :thumbsup:
im selling my icandy pear which is fab as a tandem but a bit of a trial going up a hill :rolleyes:

good luck

x

green puppy
02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
What ages are the children? Could you use a single and a buggy board for school run?

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
What ages are the children? Could you use a single and a buggy board for school run?

Why didnt i think if that ??? I just wondered what my best option would be under the circumstances of me having to take the double to school

Thankyou !!

singlewiththree
02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I have a Jane Powertwin that I bought off ebay for £150 and also my Phil & Teds was off ebay for £150 too, bought a couple of years apart.

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Thankyou !!

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:42 AM
yeah actually thats a better idea if you have toddlers isnt it? you can get those bibi strolli bike things too! i love those and am thinking of getting one :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
02-04-2010, 09:26 AM
i've got a powertwin and wouldn't be without it - its very light to push when you have the front wheel on swivel! i got mine off ebay for about £60 :thumbsup:

christine e
02-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Have you thought of a buggy pod - I am considering this for school runs.

http://www.buggypod.com/

Cx

mama2three
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
thats not very inclusive of the school though. how would children or adults in wheelchairs access the site? I would be questioning it..I know there are lots of oldfashioned school buildings out there but they do have to make some alterations!

Mouse
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
thats not very inclusive of the school though. how would children or adults in wheelchairs access the site? I would be questioning it..I know there are lots of oldfashioned school buildings out there but they do have to make some alterations!

That's what I was thinking! Surely there must have been other minders/parents who use a side by side double or even a very wide single (some are as wide as a double)? How have they managed? Is there another entrance to the school?
My side by side fits through a standard doorway, so can go most places a single will. What sort is your double? It must be very wide or the entrance must be incredible narrow.

If there really is no other way, a single with a buggy board sound like a good option :thumbsup:

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 09:33 AM
There are 2 entrances to school neither entrance is wide enough for a side by side never seen anyone with one either at school tbh

buggypod sounds like a better option if i have a toddler ......

Thankyou for all your advice

christine e
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
There are 2 entrances to school neither entrance is wide enough for a side by side never seen anyone with one either at school tbh

buggypod sounds like a better option if i have a toddler ......

Thankyou for all your advice

I thought if both were asleep then a buggy board would not be any good so thought buggy pod would be better option

Cx

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry buggyboard i ment to say but a buggy pod does this clip to the side ??

Mouse
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry buggyboard i ment to say but a buggy pod does this clip to the side ??

Wouldn't a single buggy & a buggy pod be almost as wide as a double pushchair? I'd go & measure the gate before buying anything, just to be sure!

margaret
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
surely gates should be wide enough for double buggy ,i would be having a word with school ,you should be able to get two pushchairs through at same time ,one coming in say and one going out,or they should have a wider entrance somewhere else ,they have to be inclusive to everyone.

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I was thinking exactlly the same thing tbh !! looking at the buggypod on the pushchair looks quite wide

tashaleee
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I would be tempted to raise this with the school as they should be inclusive (you could always mention ofsted to them :laughing: )

As for a double buggy - I have been through several over the years and am still looking for the perfect double buggy (wish I could design it myself :D )

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Im going to measure up i think ................best thing to do then measure myn again see what i can do ;-/

may not need it yet seems a waste though with the brand new one sitting in the shed

beccas
03-04-2010, 02:12 PM
you could always borrow mina as with fliss's new one started may have to use bigger one anyway its not a problem. i got 3 buggy's..lol

green puppy
03-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I thought if both were asleep then a buggy board would not be any good so thought buggy pod would be better option

Cx

I have a buggy pod and it's not really suitable for them to sleep in, doesn't lay back at all. It also depends on the size of the toddler as the seat is quite compact. I only use mine for the youngest and lightest child.

green puppy
03-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Wouldn't a single buggy & a buggy pod be almost as wide as a double pushchair? I'd go & measure the gate before buying anything, just to be sure!

It's actually not as wide and it's easier to manuver(sp?) aswell because it only has one wheel at the back on the side, I had mine on a tandem and can get through a single size gate by turning it through at an angle. Also you can take child out and fold it onto the side of the pushchair.

funfunfun
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Thankyou Becca i will if i need one and you dont mind !!

beccas
03-04-2010, 07:53 PM
not a problem..

MarpleJollytots
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
i have an out and about 360 and it gets through standard doorways no problems :thumbsup:
im selling my icandy pear which is fab as a tandem but a bit of a trial going up a hill :rolleyes:

good luck

x

We just got this one its gr8 and were ordering another !!!!!!!

singlewiththree
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM
i've got a powertwin and wouldn't be without it - its very light to push when you have the front wheel on swivel! i got mine off ebay for about £60 :thumbsup:

Have you ever put a buggy pod with it, I'm a bit concerned on how stable it will be?

singlewiththree
04-04-2010, 01:59 PM
We just got this one its gr8 and were ordering another !!!!!!!

Is this Nipper 360 the one you can add a third seat too? I'm looking into how I am going to get a 10mth, 1yr and 18mth around in Sept.

funfunfun
04-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Im not sure

Im sure if i need one i can borrow one for a while when i actually start from beccas iknow hers are all safe and small