PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else working today?

Tink
02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Everyone around me friends and family are off work for a long weekend and I'm working today and Monday only till 3pm so not too bad.

Am I the only one?

solly
02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm wont work bank holidays as all my parents are off and i know if i did say i would work they would want me to have the children whilst they were off I also get paid for it.
I am off down the yard for the day to spend sometime with my horse.

Hope you have a good day:)

Tink
02-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Enjoy your day of Solly.

I'm looking after a Lo who's mum is a nurse at hospital, so no day off for her.

But guess what, Lo had a bad night and is now fast asleep

desiderata
02-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Me Im working 8.45 till 5 unfortunately and for normal pay. (parent pain in b):censored:

Tink
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Me Im working 8.45 till 5 unfortunately and for normal pay. (parent pain in b):censored:

Hope you have a nice day xxx

Tam's Tribe
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
I am also working today . . . 2 of my parents work shifts in care home so no day off them either . . . good kids so it should be a stressfree day and NO SCHOOL RUN :clapping:

Have a good day!!

Lovies
Tam
x

green puppy
02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I have a day off today! But will be catching up on paperwork for some of it as I still get paid, keeps this weekend free. May have one mindee monday but not sure yet. Hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing.:)

Celtic Star
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm working today but only have 1 mindee until 3pm and got a text this morning from mum of my f/t mindee to say that she was just going to keep him today...which is good because she would have gotten an earful from me about not paying her fees on time (still waiting) and it has put me o/d at the bank had to quickly transfer money so that I didn't get charged:angry:

little chickee
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I am working today but just 1 lo from 1pm to 5pm and its double time so i dont really mind.

Its sunny here just now so will be going to playpark up the road - walking hopefully so the afternoon should whizz by.

WibbleWobble
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
i am working until 2pm. but i only have one of my LOs. I am charging extra!

We have just been down to the allotment with my OH and we have made a plan of action regarding planting etc. LO loved it cos we have lots of windmills and windsocks down there...he is only 13 months old.

he fell asleep on the walk back and is snoozing as i type.

OH is in the garden now measuring up to make new trellis.

Got this LO again on monday!

love mandy x

ORKSIE
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I was asked to work today...but I dont work BH. (its in my contract)
This is my time to be with my family:thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
not working today as my mindee is contracted for midweek :thumbsup:
have a good day folks x

Roseolivia
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Not working now until 14th and that's only for that day and the next so almost 2 full weeks off for me. Off to the Lakes tomorrow for a week.

brightstar
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm working today and Monday for a single parent mum who is an absolute diamond (LO has just told me "mammy has bought you an easter egg") so I really don't mind helping out.

Hebs
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm working today, tomorrow and Monday, tbh it doesn't bother me cos I'm still at home with my kids x

NaggyNat
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
No work but tryign to get grips with the paperwork....newbie and can't quite believe the amount of paperwork involved. My mum n dad just popped over and were taken aback that I was sat working on the computer. I just keep thinking of more risk assessments and permission forms....blimey!!!!!

Have a lovely easter everyone xx

amirose
02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Well I am STILL working today :panic:

Don't finish until 6.30 and I started at 8am!!!

Thankfully they are my 2 favourite mindees ages 2 and 3 :)

Mrs Book
02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not working today. My mindee finished last week and new lo doesn't start until first week in may.

I've put in contracts I don't work Bank Holidays, but will if required and will charge extra. Also need plenty of notice.

Pudding Girl
02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Worked as normal today and will do Monday too, for normal pay - not recognised as a Bank hols up here really, last year the schools even went BACK on Easter Monday! :(

rachelle
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I worked (and tomorrow and Mon) until 7 to in include bathing mindee etc BUT there are extenuating circumstances and anyone would do the same. (I did start counting the hours at lunch though!)

TheBTeam
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I was asked to work today...but I dont work BH. (its in my contract)
This is my time to be with my family:thumbsup:

Same here, it gives my parents that work the opportunity to practice finding other people to care for their children!:rolleyes: