samkeddy
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
And me, come on someone give us newbies some info :D

Tinglesnark
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
call up the ncma and ask for details :thumbsup:

sweets
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
i got mine through my early years team at my local council. ring your DO and ask them about it.

good luck, hope you get something :)

hop04
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Once i had me registration cert through i could claim back upto 350 of my start up costs from my local council. Is this the same or something completly different??

funfunfun
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Hop

im sure its different , i have already been greanted 500 but this is paying for ncma membership/toolkit storage and some t shirts
(this is for NEW small bussinesses nothing to do with the council or early years or ncma )

I could do with LOTS more resources !!

francinejayne
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Hop

im sure its different , i have already been greanted 500 but this is paying for ncma membership/toolkit storage and some t shirts
(this is for NEW small bussinesses nothing to do with the council or early years or ncma )

So how did you get this then funfunfun? Who did you get the money off? How did you apply? etc etc etc!

Thanks!

king
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Hop

Yes this does seem interesting. Tell us more please:)

sarah707
01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
The capital grant is money given to the local authorities by the government.

Local authorities have a choice of where it should be spent in the early years sector.

Some have allowed childminders to access it... and there have been various hoops childminders have had to jump through to get it!!

If you do a search you will find threads about it.

Some childminders have had free resources, some have had extensions on their houses, some have had money to spend in certain places, some have had cameras or laptops... and some have had zilch!

Ask your local contact / development officer for more information.

Hth :D

hop04
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks sarah:thumbsup: Sounds awful how each area is treated so differently thou - fancy some people getting the momey for an extension and some others not getting anything!!:eek:

funfunfun
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
the 500 i have i did a bussiness plan for and im in doncaster area so was north docaster development trust

if you are not working i believe reed in partnership can help you out with a certain amount!

We were told about the funding from the early years lady at the briefing session and more details were given in the 2nd session re above !

Id ring your local early years and council

im going to ring my local council tmoz to see about the capital funding !!

Keep me informed please be interested to see how you get on .....i also dont understand why the offer it some areas and not to others

Hebs
02-04-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm going to ring our ey dept and ask, and if we are one of the places that get nothing I'll complain right up to downing street, as we all must deliver the eyfs now so why should the funding only go to nursiries etc??????

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 07:27 AM
I agree Hebs

I know cm's local to me who are getting the capital funding although i have no idea wheather i can get ot or not as i havnt enquired yet !!

Its beccas from the forum she is under another council to me so they can get the capital funding although i am aware under my council they are cutting lots of funding for training so could be funding as well!!

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:11 AM
my postcode comes under maidstone council and so im "kent" rather than "medway" - all rather odd :rolleyes:

we had to attend a course which was more of a lecture on how to access the website and fill out the claim form to be able to get ours and we have been allotted £250.00 to spend on the KCS website. We did have to take the delivery charges into account but they have since scrapped that and now we can use the full grant on resources.

call up and find out about it! hurry though as we only have until the end of april to get our claims forms in and processed

:thumbsup:

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
my postcode comes under maidstone council and so im "kent" rather than "medway" - all rather odd :rolleyes:

we had to attend a course which was more of a lecture on how to access the website and fill out the claim form to be able to get ours and we have been allotted £250.00 to spend on the KCS website. We did have to take the delivery charges into account but they have since scrapped that and now we can use the full grant on resources.

call up and find out about it! hurry though as we only have until the end of april to get our claims forms in and processed

:thumbsup:

I am waiting for my reg certificate though would i still be able to get it ????

A cm in my area has been granted £2500 !!!!

Mookins
02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
thanks all for the info much appreciated

x x x

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
:thumbsup: no probs :D

well i dont see why not fun? its always worth asking - if you have already had your pre reg inspection then id say there would be no problems getting the grant!

i have heard of network cm's around here getting in excess of £500 :eek: lucky things! wonder how many tricks they have to perform to get it though ?? :laughing:

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Thankyou !!!

Although as i mentioned in a prior post iv already had a grant but from an independant company £500 this is paying for my tshirts /storage an insurance
do you think this will effect it ??

all gone i want allowed to ask for resources as they where net deemed a bUssiness need !! (what)

So im in need of resources for various ages .....i will have to ring after the weekend of course they are not open today and the rest of the weekend :)

Thanks again

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
nothing affects it as far as im aware :thumbsup:

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Is this it says its closed to new applicants !!!!

http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2Fchildcare%2FNational ChildcareInvestmentProgramme2006.htm

Tinglesnark
02-04-2010, 08:35 AM
oh im not sure. could be :( what a shame! still call up on tuesday and ask though - you never know, there might be something on offer :thumbsup:

funfunfun
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I will Thankyou !!!