PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Bakeware

angeldelight
30-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Do any of you use Silicone cake tins etc?

Just wondering what you thought of them - I was thinking of getting some

Is it best to buy expensive or do cheap ones work too?

I have seen some small cake cases in the pound shops in all colours for the kids - have any of you seen these ?

Any advice ?

Angel xxx

angeldelight
31-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Anyone ?

Angel xx

Blackhorse
31-03-2010, 06:41 AM
do you mean the rubbery bendy ones?

angeldelight
31-03-2010, 06:42 AM
do you mean the rubbery bendy ones?

Yes them are the ones

They have them in the pound shop for the kids and was wondering if they were any good - do you know

Angel xx

PixiePetal
31-03-2010, 06:46 AM
I have some bun cases and mini loaf tins - not tried them yet.

They looked SO cute :blush: will give them a go after my hols :)

sweets
31-03-2010, 06:47 AM
i bought some muffin ones from homebargains. i presumed that you didnt need to use papercases in them so made some without and ended up digging the muffins out as they just stuck!

no idea if i did it right tho! would be interested ig anyone has had success with them too.:)

angeldelight
31-03-2010, 06:47 AM
I have some bun cases and mini loaf tins - not tried them yet.

They looked SO cute :blush: will give them a go after my hols :)

Yeah I thought they looked nice too ha ha

I might just get one pack from the pound shop and give them a go

Angel xx

angeldelight
31-03-2010, 06:49 AM
i bought some muffin ones from homebargains. i presumed that you didnt need to use papercases in them so made some without and ended up digging the muffins out as they just stuck!

no idea if i did it right tho! would be interested ig anyone has had success with them too.:)

ahhh yes thats what I was wondering - are the cakes easy to get out do you need to put anything in them first like cases

cant see the point then if you still have to use cases

Angel xx

PixiePetal
31-03-2010, 06:53 AM
weather is so awful today, might give them a try out with mindee:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
31-03-2010, 06:54 AM
i've never used them but i think the principle is that you still need to grease them - they're probably best suited to the larger tins etc like cakes instead of sprung bottom ones as you can bend the tin off rather than having to pop the bottom up which can dent the cake.

Blackhorse
31-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I have recently bought 2 of them
a butterfly and a rabbit cake tin.

I love them..I use them for cakes, jellies etc.
For cakes I still grease them and it worked fab although you need to let it cool down a bit before you get them out....only thing is you need to pop them onto a tray because they are so bendy....you couldnt carry them easily around when they are filled with cake mix!

I bought mine from lakeland on a good deal but they werent expensive...but probably not cheap cheap...

I like them!!

mama2three
31-03-2010, 08:41 AM
i got some from home bargains , a christmas tree and bell shape...they did stick , but dont think id let them cool enough. great for jellies and blancmange though ( and angeldelight in the freezer!)

Tina O
31-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I Have some, mine are tupperware (do they still sell tupperware in UK?) and are fab! I do put paper cases into muffin ones (as kids love that job!) loaf and flan tin are great, but flat sheet is a nightmare as not stable for getting in/out of oven and needs to be on another baking sheet..... and they wash up brilliantly!

LittleMissSparkles
31-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I have seen some small cake cases in the pound shops in all colours for the kids - have any of you seen these ?

Angel xxx

i got some of these 69p at bargain madness for 6 , they are really good x