PDA

View Full Version : reviewing risk assessments

SparklingGems
30-03-2010, 09:17 PM
How often do you need to review your risk assessments? Is it every year or if there is a change or should it be sooner?

Thank you

sarah707
30-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Every year and if something changes for the standard ones.

Every outing you should check your RA is correct and note if anything changes.

Daily RAs need to be done... errrr... daily :D

SparklingGems
30-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Is your daily risk assessment like a check list with things like socket covers on stair gates intact etc?

So for the outing ones eg to the park I have to review them everytime I go out?

Im just printing them off and have a gap for a review date but I wont be able to put a date if I have to check them everytime :eek:

sarah707
30-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes the daily one covers things like checking the teens have locked the gate and picking up little things before baby arrives.

Anything relevant to you that needs doing before you start work.

You don't need to write on your outings RAs every time, just state if asked that you check them every time... and if there's anything new, write it down as evidence.

So we went to the park today and it was slippy in the mud. I will mention that on my outing RA for the local park.

Hth :D

SparklingGems
31-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes the daily one covers things like checking the teens have locked the gate and picking up little things before baby arrives.

Anything relevant to you that needs doing before you start work.

You don't need to write on your outings RAs every time, just state if asked that you check them every time... and if there's anything new, write it down as evidence.

So we went to the park today and it was slippy in the mud. I will mention that on my outing RA for the local park.

Hth :D

Thank you Sarah now I understand :)