PDA

View Full Version : The Sun article - I have got NCMA backing

Nicky
30-03-2010, 11:49 AM
After reading the outrageous article on Saturday in The Sun, you will all know which one! I emailed The Sun, Ofsted and NCMA.

Ofsted replied saying they had passed my email onto their press office, and NCMA and emailed saying they back us, I think from the email they had multiple complaints!

This is what they sent me.

Dear all

Thank you for contacting NCMA to tell us about this article, as it appeared on a Saturday we were unaware until Monday morning. Please rest assured that NCMA will be backing your comments with a letter to the Editor of The Sun, we will post the letter up on NCMA's website to let other members know that we have responded.

Kind regards

Louise

Lets hope we get an apology from the Sun!

venus89
30-03-2010, 12:27 PM
That's good - I'm onto the PCC. I haven't checked today to see if the article is still up but hopefully it isn't :rolleyes:

helenlc
30-03-2010, 07:26 PM
The article was still online this lunch time.

I heard back from the PCC and they are pursuing my complaint and will send it to the editor of The Sun!!!

Not heard back from Andrew Parker - am assuming he is still drowning under the deluge of emails he recieved over the weekend!!!:laughing:

watgem
30-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Does anyone else think it is time for a name change? Childminders seem to get such negative press and it seems to be partly due to the associations with our name. I would definitely prefer a more professional title, one that reflects what we actually do, what does everyone else think? Have you any ideas of possible alternatives?:idea:

Mookins
30-03-2010, 07:31 PM
hes probably getting a severe earbashing from his boss ...and bloomin rightly soo...either that or called off sick after seeing the thousands of emails popping up!

x x

venus89
30-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Does anyone else think it is time for a name change? Childminders seem to get such negative press and it seems to be partly due to the associations with our name. I would definitely prefer a more professional title, one that reflects what we actually do, what does everyone else think? Have you any ideas of possible alternatives?:idea:

I think this has been one of those discussions that surfaces every year or two but nobody can think of a suitable alternative that does justice to the job we really do......

bekki0405
30-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I think this has been one of those discussions that surfaces every year or two but nobody can think of a suitable alternative that does justice to the job we really do......

I said this exact same thing to an NCMA project manager at a recent seminar. We're not actually child-minding are we. She agreed, but as you said, no-one can thinks of a decent alternative.

Twinkles
30-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Well............NosewipingBottiechangingStoryreadi ngHandholdingPuddlesplashingCraftmakingCuddlegivin gNevertireingSuperwoman............

What ?? I thought it was quite catchy :D

Pipsqueak
30-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Well............NosewipingBottiechangingStoryreadi ngHandholdingPuddlesplashingCraftmakingCuddlegivin gNevertireingSuperwoman............

What ?? I thought it was quite catchy :D

nice snappy easy to say title there Twinks:thumbsup:

so in short - Childminder lol

It's a small world
30-03-2010, 09:02 PM
KERRIE'S NosewipingBottiechangingStoryreadi ngHandholdingPuddlesplashingCraftmakingCuddlegivin gNevertireingSuperwoman

:rolleyes: mmm not quite sure that would fit on my business card . Good but think we need something a little shorter :laughing:

Chell
30-03-2010, 09:03 PM
KERRIE'S NosewipingBottiechangingStoryreadi ngHandholdingPuddlesplashingCraftmakingCuddlegivin gNevertireingSuperwoman

:rolleyes: mmm not quite sure that would fit on my business card . Good but think we need something a little shorter :laughing:

Just shorten it to Superwomen, that sums it up. :thumbsup:

Twinkles
30-03-2010, 09:07 PM
How about....

Mother substitute
Uncomplaining
Guardian Angels

Pipsqueak
30-03-2010, 09:10 PM
How about....

Mother substitute
Uncomplaining
Guardian Angels

Now that is pure genius and very apt:clapping:

sillysausage
30-03-2010, 09:12 PM
.NosewipingBottiechangingStoryreadingHandholdingPu ddlesplashingCraftmakingCuddlegivingNevertireingSu perwoman

Sorry DH objects to this as he thinks it's sexist....but superperson doesn't work does it?

Pipsqueak
30-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry DH objects to this as he thinks it's sexist....but superperson doesn't work does it?

tell him to change gender and then it won't be sexist - simples! lol:D

In all honesty, I don't think that we need a name change - just an education delivering to the public and journalist of who and what a Childminder is and does.