PDA

View Full Version : is this a wind up??

Twinklestars
30-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I know its not 1st April til Thurs but I have just received an email from my website that read:

Hello, I have a number of unruly children that I need taking of my hands for upto 12 hours per day whilst I am working, etc.

I have 3 boys and 2 girls.

Frankie - Aged 11
Jimmy - Aged 10
Britney - Aged 9
Liam - Aged 7
Courtney- Aged 5

They are quite a handful, but whilst I am away from the site I need someone to keep them out of mischief!

They go to school occassionally, but we have had a few problems with the schools (discrimination), so we are dubious about sending them to any schools really. Do you teach kids at all? They can mainly read and write, which is the main thing I suppose.

The money isnt an issue, is it ok to pay in cash?

I have tried leaving them on the site, but they become bored and run wild.

I can bring them soon if its ok?

God bless

Has anyone ever had an email like this, should I reply. My website is listed on childcare.co.uk but I can't get it to come up on google etc as I only did it the other day, what does everyone think? should I reply??

HELEN10
30-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Ha thats hilarious!! Def a wind up, but who knows?

HELEN10

aly
30-03-2010, 11:51 AM
are you accredited to teach them?

TBH if it was me I'd runt he other way. they dont sound very nice parents speaking about their darlings liek that [even if it was true]

I think it wounds a scam but I could be wrong.

Minstrel
30-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Erm I would be extremely cautious!!

Sounds like soemthing isn't right and I would email back and politely decline.

Suggest that they should be in school!! How on earth can they afford to pay for 5 children in care for 12 hours a day!!!!

sunflower
30-03-2010, 11:53 AM
:laughing: :laughing:

sounds like an april fool come early

tashaleee
30-03-2010, 11:54 AM
my first response to the wording is 'travellers'

My initial thought is to ignore or to say sorry no places available at present :blush: Sounds like big trouble or a wind up .....

caz3007
30-03-2010, 11:55 AM
If its not a wind up, it isnt something I would entertain. 5 unruly older children for 12 hours a day would be my worst nightmare :eek:

Twinklestars
30-03-2010, 11:56 AM
no i'm not accredited to teach them, maybe they are travellers??

I have just replied and asked him to give me a ring - will let you know what happens!!

Mouse
30-03-2010, 11:56 AM
lol! I think someone's pulling your leg!

tashaleee
30-03-2010, 11:58 AM
If its not a wind up, it isnt something I would entertain. 5 unruly older children for 12 hours a day would be my worst nightmare :eek:

I did a care job as an emergency before for a few weeks - I think the kids were about 14, 13, 10 and 8... the oldest 2 were not in school... the 10 year old legged it out of my house after swearing at everyone and was never seen again :rolleyes: It was for social services and I swore then never again no matter how good the money is the job was total hell :eek:

Will be interested in if this is 'for real' though

Ripeberry
30-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Ha ha. My first thought was travellers as well. Sounds like a wind-up. I would report it to childcare.co.uk though :mad:
Reminds me of an advert I put on Trade-It a couple of years ago as I was trying to sell one of my spring hatched hens and this bloke thought it would be hilarious to send a text to ask If I could cook it for him and then he would pick it up.....ha ha ha :mad:

Twinklestars
30-03-2010, 11:59 AM
just told my partner and he said yeah, reply, think of the money!! i said are you having a laugh??!! i'm pretty sure it's a wind up but just wanted to see if they did call, haven't got spaces for them all anyway!

cas2805
30-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Be careful, it sounds like one of those emails where they say that they will pay up front and ask for your bank details. I personally wouldn't even respond!

Take care

Pipsqueak
30-03-2010, 12:05 PM
sounds like a wind up but some Travellers can appear this blunt about their children.
Its the mention of being 'on site' that makes me think that. However the 'namings' isn't particuarly indicative of Travellers.

Something sounds a bit 'off' IMO.

aly
30-03-2010, 12:08 PM
just told my partner and he said yeah, reply, think of the money!! i said are you having a laugh??!! i'm pretty sure it's a wind up but just wanted to see if they did call, haven't got spaces for them all anyway!
You only need space for the 5 & 7 yo.

I wouldnt have replied and just ignored...but then I didnt get the message lol.

might be worth contacting other minders in your area via the childcare site and ask if they have had the message too?

Twinklestars
30-03-2010, 12:16 PM
hi, i only have space for one of the younger ones 2 days a week as I have 2 babies (i have a variation for this) - will let you know if i hear anything, might try another cm and see if they've had it but i think i'm the only one with a website listed and there are a few traveller sites near here

cabby
30-03-2010, 12:20 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sorry but does sound like a wind up, or travellers x

Avon
30-03-2010, 12:31 PM
my first response to the wording is 'travellers'

ditto and wind up....

aly
30-03-2010, 12:41 PM
hi, i only have space for one of the younger ones 2 days a week as I have 2 babies (i have a variation for this) - will let you know if i hear anything, might try another cm and see if they've had it but i think i'm the only one with a website listed and there are a few traveller sites near here
you dont need a website just a profile

tas
30-03-2010, 01:26 PM
If not a wind up then I agree with the others it has to be travellers but it did make me laugh when I read it, great fun! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tinglesnark
30-03-2010, 01:32 PM
:laughing:
looking forward to seeing how this one pans out lol

It's a small world
30-03-2010, 01:35 PM
It has to be a wind up....certainly not selling her children very well. Anyone reading that would definitely turn the other way despite the money....

Imagine if it was true and you did take them on ..how many times do you think you would be on here under 'problems with parent/mindee' or 'just for members' posts ??????

mamasheshe
30-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd be too curious not to respond:D

Twinklestars
30-03-2010, 03:54 PM
no response as yet, i just emailed back with number which of course is on my website, will keep you updated

Alibali
30-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Look forward to an update:laughing:
Travellers usually keep all their work and money within their own network, so don't think it would be, but you never know!

Emz
30-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Deffo sound like travellers, nothing wrong with them and they can come accross as blunt alot of the time, the names are used alot in those circles. Like someone else said they usually keep the money within their own people, if its not a wind up then i'd be running the other way lol.
But i'll look forward to hearing the ending of this story.

bekki0405
30-03-2010, 08:48 PM
The person you need is Nanny McPhee

:D

manjay
30-03-2010, 09:39 PM
The person you need is Nanny McPhee

:D

Or Mary Poppins!

SparklingGems
31-03-2010, 01:48 PM
That is hilarious. I think its a wind up but then again it could be true sometimes peopkle can be too honest for their own good. Put it this way at least they were honest about what you would be taking on :laughing:

Suzanne11
01-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I think it is genuine and they are travellers. She is being very upfront saying they are unruly and dont go to school much, sounds very odd but the situation is probably far worse than she is stating so to her this probably is dumbing it down! Otherwise its someone winding you up pretending to be travellers - they dont usually admit to being travellers when ordering services etc as there is so much discrimination so on the other hand it may be a joke.