PDA

View Full Version : How long?

MissTinkerbell
19-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone

Well I've finally posted the forms off to Ofsted yesterday. I included the health form from the docs and mine and my husband's CRB Disclosures (we both have enhanced ones). My husband is already Ofsted registered as he's on the board of trustees at our local nursery.

What I would like to know is how long do you reckon it will be before I hear about the pre-registration visit? We haven't got much to do as the house is fairly child-proof - with 2 year old twins it has to be.;)

I've done a prospectus and have just about got the majority of my policies in place. I've highlighted areas in the house and garden that might need a bit of work or fixing or throwing away and I'm getting my dad onto them next week (husband is away with work at the moment - will they want to meet him?)

I was an early years teacher so am up to date on all aspects of the EYFS and stuff like that. I've read through the statutory guidelines and all that stuff.

Is there anything else I need to do to prepare for this visit?

Melanie

sarah707
19-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Melanie! You do sound organised... no they won't want to meet your husband... apart from that it's just a matter of how busy Ofsted are in your area at the moment.

I would give it a few weeks then ring to chase if you've not heard anything.

Hope it goes smoothly for you :D

angeldelight
23-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

deeb66
25-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Good luck

Hope it all goes smoothly!

Banana
25-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Good luck,

you should hear something within 14 days

xx

Saz
26-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Hello, ofsted contacted me by phone twice to confirm they had received my forms. Then the inspector phoned me and came out a couple of days later. From sending forms to inspection was about a week and a half, maybe less actually. HTH.

Sarah

Delly
26-03-2008, 10:31 AM
good luck for you, it shouldn't take that long I wouldn't have thought.
I was registered within 3 1/2 weeks from posting my forms. I had CRB but my hubby didn't.

You sound like you have it all under control and sorted, so good luck hope it doesn't take too long.

:)

MissTinkerbell
26-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow - that's quick! Both hubby and I are CRB checked and hubby is already Ofsted registered so I'm hoping its not going to be too long.