PDA

View Full Version : Variation Requests????

daytimedolly
29-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi, Im new to childminding. Have been minding for about a month.
I received a newsletter through today. Can anybody tell me please what a variation request is? Is it to add to the number of children you can look after?

My reason for asking is I have been registered for 3 children. I have one daughter. I am wondering why I have only been given 3 children when I know of other people wth the same sized house who have been given more. Is it because I am new to childminding?

Many thanks

beccas
29-03-2010, 06:11 PM
did you just ask for 3 at your pre reg cantthink of another reason ring ofsted and ask for maximum which is 6 under eights including your own.

daytimedolly
29-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Many thanks
No, I didnt ask for 3. Maybe she just assumed from what I was saying, I dont know. Ill give them a call. Does that 6 apply, no matter how big your house is?
Thanks for your help

francinejayne
29-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Many thanks
No, I didnt ask for 3. Maybe she just assumed from what I was saying, I dont know. Ill give them a call. Does that 6 apply, no matter how big your house is?
Thanks for your help

It does depend on the size of your house. My CM friend lives in a small 2 bed house. She has her own LO aged 22 months. She's allowed 2 under school age and only 1 between the ages of 5 and 8.
If you disagree with what they've allowed you, you can query it.

SparklingGems
30-03-2010, 11:58 AM
My friend only ended up with 3 due to her limited floor space and she doesnt have much of a garden. I think if you rang ofsted they can confirm why you have been restricted to 3 children.