PDA

View Full Version : May activities

Tatia
19-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello, all. Hope you don't mind if I pick your brains.

I'm planning May activities for my drop-in group and my little mindees. So far, I've got making paper flower garlands to wear in our hair as we dance around a decorated Maypole (which is actually a very advantageously placed pillar at the cildren's centre!:D ) to Celtic music. Second, we are keen to do a music and movement session with instruments and songs. That just leaves 2 more Fridays to plan for. What screams May for you?

We're already doing some homemade terrariums in April so planting is out.

sarah707
19-03-2008, 10:20 AM
May = Spring for me...

- birth and growth
- baby animals / it's also national pets month
- sunflowers
- activities centred around the better weather... sunshine and showers

http://www.first-school.ws/theme/occasions5.htm

http://www.kinderart.com/seasons/may.shtml

http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes/mayday/art.htm

Hope you get some inspiration from these! :D

miffy
19-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Some good ideas from Sarah

I'd do planting - seeds

Also sometimes do minibeasts at this time

Miffy xx

angeldelight
19-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I have lots of ideas and will be replacing the April activitys soon

Sounds like you have some nice ideas yourself though and some good ideas from Sarah

Angel xx

miffy
19-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh I'll have to have a look I haven't seen April's activities yet

Miffy xx

Tatia
19-03-2008, 10:47 AM
National pet month?! Cool! While we couldn't bring our pets in to the children's centre, we could make pet photo frames and set up a vet clinic for role play. Have a cuddly toy parade...OOOOH! :clapping:

Thanks for the links. I'll be looking at those soon.

angeldelight
19-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Miffy im confusing myself today haha

I meant I will be putting the April ones up soon then the May ones later in April

You got me searching for them then and I havent even put them up yet haha

I have lost the plot haha

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
19-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Miffy im confusing myself today haha

I meant I will be putting the April ones up soon then the May ones later in April

You got me searching for them then and I havent even put them up yet haha

I have lost the plot haha

Angel xx

Nothing new there gerty :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

angeldelight
19-03-2008, 10:51 AM
haha cheeky

xxx

Heaven Scent
19-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey this has got me all confused - I know I know its not hard but I thought for a while there we were in april and I'd been lost in a time warp.

Why do people have to be sooooo organised.

C:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: eline

Alibali
19-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh gosh, I haven't even finished easter yet never mind May. I must be more prepared!!

Alison x

Tily Bud
19-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Oh gosh, I haven't even finished easter yet never mind May. I must be more prepared!!

Alison x

i havent even started Easter yet !! only just done st Patricks day then went on an easter egg hunt this morning but not done any easter crafts yet x

Tatia
19-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I never used to be so organized! It's this accreditation thing (long-term planning) but mostly, it's being in charge of a drop-in group that I desperately want to succeed. For that, it needs to be advertised and people like to know what sorts of things you get up to. So I make new flyers every month to let everyone know what great upcoming activities we've got planned. Plus I have to let the children's centre know what we want to do so they know what resources to put out for us.

And that creates trickle-down effect because then my mindees benefit from my pre-pre-pre-pre planning!

miffy
22-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Look what you started Angel - glad it wasn't only me you confused!!!!!

For anyone doing pets there are some lovely pictures at

www.sparklebox.co.uk/new.html

Miffy xx

Tatia
22-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks Miffy!

I've also just seen the MM magazine thread and it has some really great Spring ideas. I'm going to use the paper plate May basket and the paper plate Spring crown for my May Day activities (before dancing about the Maypole).

miffy
22-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Sounds good - hope you're going to post some photos

miffy xx

Tatia
22-03-2008, 08:27 AM
I will. I keep taking pics but forget to do some of just the craft. All my pics have happy shiny faces in them!