PDA

View Full Version : FIRST OBSERVATION

MarpleJollytots
28-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Could do with a little help.Done loads of Obs in past but never with EYFS.Did a lovely bubble blowing activity with my 1.5 yr old,he is mad on balls ! Did lots of games with footballs,tennis balls, soft balls and wanted to see how he responded to bubbles because of their shape etc. What stood out was his excitement then bewilderment when he went to pick the bubbles up and they popped. What would this come under ? The observation as a whole could cover lots of things but it was his reaction i wanted to concentrate on. I know i will get used to this the more i do them and i have a fair idea but want to check im in the right direction.Feel like im cheeting in asking tho !!!!!!!!!! Any ideas ???

sarah707
28-03-2010, 06:39 PM
It's not cheating! It's learning :laughing:

At this age a child is focussing a lot on movement ... so a lot of your obs are going to be based around Physical Development.

He is also just starting to emerge as a creative thinker, who will put his fingers in the paint and mix the colours, so a lot of Creative development links going on there.

He will probably have a favourite person in your setting to whom he goes for most of his cuddles - Psed links... etc.

Look at the Eyfs 6 areas of learning and development... most of it is in there :D

MarpleJollytots
28-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Thankyou Sarah x