PDA

View Full Version : scuba diving

Hebs
28-03-2010, 04:55 PM
we have our first scuba diving lesson tomorrow night :clapping:

Toothfairy
29-03-2010, 08:22 AM
My daughter had lessons with 'The Dive Machine', she loved every moment of it. She is now a Master Paddi Seal :thumbsup:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 09:54 AM
i'm doing my open water PADI and the kids are doign their Junior open water PADI x

miss mopple
29-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Enjoy :clapping: My DH is a scuba diver and loves it. The thought of going under water scares the living daylights out of me though so :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
29-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Why didnt you do it in Egypt ? just curious

Going under water would scare the life outta me too :panic: no way, have fun though :thumbsup:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Enjoy :clapping: My DH is a scuba diver and loves it. The thought of going under water scares the living daylights out of me though so :laughing:

well.........................

i've had this fear of water since like forever :panic:

I can swim, and love to swim in a pool but (i am sure as the result of a past life, used to talk about it when i was younger :eek: ) i have this fear of something swimming below me and getting me which is why i have avoided swimming in the sea.

but the diving in the red sea is supposed to be the best in the world so we want to dive in september :D

Hebs
29-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Why didnt you do it in Egypt ? just curious

Going under water would scare the life outta me too :panic: no way, have fun though :thumbsup:

cos in egypt it was 1 hour in the classroom then straight out into the sea :eek:

not long enough to learn it properly and safely (they dont have same safety standards as here :thumbsup: )

Tatia
29-03-2010, 10:03 AM
I have a water phobia, Hebs. Same thing, something swimming up underneath me. But I can't even swim in a swimming pool without having a panic attack. I tried water aerobics and had to stand so close to my friend that it wasn't really very practical for me to continue!:laughing: I get queasy, nervous and agitated just watching underwater scenes on telly.

Well done for confronting your fears. I think I'd have a heart attack if I even attempted it.

LOOPYLISA
29-03-2010, 10:06 AM
cos in egypt it was 1 hour in the classroom then straight out into the sea :eek:

not long enough to learn it properly and safely (they dont have same safety standards as here :thumbsup: )

Enjoy :thumbsup:

I can't even swim let alone going under aarrrhhhhhh scares the life outta me thinking about it :eek:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 08:54 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

loved it

ajs
29-03-2010, 09:02 PM

my son did his padi in egypt last year and they had longer than 1 hr in the pool
he did it with camel dive club in namma bay

TheBTeam
29-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Like the idea of it, but dont think i would ever do it, it would be dh's dream but because of a medical condition he isn't allowed to do it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

littletreasures
29-03-2010, 09:18 PM
My daughter's going to do her open water padi over here ready for her conservation trip to the Bahamas in October!!

Hebs
29-03-2010, 09:20 PM
the kids loved it too, hooked :thumbsup:

jelly15
29-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow, you are brave :thumbsup: . I painc in the shower :eek:

Hebs
29-03-2010, 09:30 PM
it was like sucking on the gas and air tank when in labour hahahaha :blush:

mama2three
30-03-2010, 06:53 AM
makes me feel sick thinking about it ... went with ds1 in tenerife a few years ago .. he had to be accompanied by an adult due to his age .. and i sat on this boat with a stinking hangover and terrible sea sickness whilst he had the time of his life under the sea. never again!!