PDA

View Full Version : NCC Home Learning - Childcare Diploma

julie2434
28-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone, has anyone done this course? I am struggling abit and wondered if you knew any good books that could help x

Mrs_F
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm not but I am looking into it, would you recommend this company? Hope somebody help's you soon. Childcare and eduction might be a good book to look at.

hellokitty80
14-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Julie,
I am really interested in becoming a childminder and would like to do this course... I was a bit put off by the price is it quite hardgoing then?

Victoria :)

sarah707
14-04-2010, 08:15 PM
If you are looking for a level 3 course, I would suggest you wait until September when the new NVQ childcare and education is being released.

It is a new course which is intended to replace all the other level 3 early years / childcare courses out there.

A home based childcare course like the Diploma in Home Based Childcare will qualify you for your job as it is now...

A broader early years course will mean you are able to look further afield for jobs in the future.

Hth :D

hellokitty80
17-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much for your advice:) ! I will wait till September.. that will work out much better for me as I am getting married in July xx

moljak
24-04-2010, 02:32 PM
If you are looking for a level 3 course, I would suggest you wait until September when the new NVQ childcare and education is being released.

It is a new course which is intended to replace all the other level 3 early years / childcare courses out there.

A home based childcare course like the Diploma in Home Based Childcare will qualify you for your job as it is now...

A broader early years course will mean you are able to look further afield for jobs in the future.

Hth :D

Sarah do you mean the Level 3 Children and young peoples workplace diploma that's mentioned on another thread or is there a new NVQ with a different name.I feel like my heads exploding trying to find the right course to do.I have a 20 yr old NNEB qualification but want to the right course to bring me bang up to date with things.