PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Long Term Plans and Continuous Provision

Leelee
28-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Im gtting myself in such a muddle, Ive got like 40 pages of continuous provision, but is this my long term plan aswell or not? If not whats a long term plan look like and how do I do them for individual children? *CRY*

miffy
28-03-2010, 11:30 AM
You don't need a long term plan for an individual child - eyfs says you should follow a child's interests and these can change very quickly.

I've just put on another of your threads about long term planning - a list by month of any festivals and what themes we might cover together. I don't stick rigidly to it, it's just a guide for me.

Continuous provision is about the things you have out all the time - role play, sand, construction etc and how they link to the EYFS. Some people link through the themes and some through the areas of learning and development.

Only do what works for you.

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Like Miffy says, CP is long term planning for you!

It is to help you see easily what areas of L & D your activities cover and it is a help when writing up children's obs / planning etc.

It runs alongside observations, assessments and planning (which is short term planning) for individual children.

Hth :D

Leelee
28-03-2010, 12:41 PM
My Early years mentor (bit of a pain tbh) said I need continuos provision for all daily routines, covering all ages, i.e nappy changing, toileting, mealtimes, arrival and departure, etc! Is this really necessary cus I can't see the point in it plus it's alot of work for me to do when I only mind 2 kids part-time!

Leelee
28-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Forgot to say...I already wrote up all my l&d continuous provision, seems more appropriate than daily routines...

sarah707
28-03-2010, 03:42 PM
My Early years mentor (bit of a pain tbh) said I need continuos provision for all daily routines, covering all ages, i.e nappy changing, toileting, mealtimes, arrival and departure, etc! Is this really necessary cus I can't see the point in it plus it's alot of work for me to do when I only mind 2 kids part-time!

It is not a statutory requirement to have continuous provision plans.

You do not NEED them nor do you have to have them.

However, some childminders find them very useful for when they are writing their planning / obs.

It depends on how you work and we all do things in different ways.

Hth :D