PDA

View Full Version : Safe guarding, advanced levels

nannymcflea
27-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi, has anyone gone past the basics?

I'm wondering what the next levels entail, are they really harrowing, will I be able to cope mentally?

Thank you.

beccas
27-03-2010, 10:25 PM
i have done safeguarding child and young adults nvq level 2.... i di dit through my distance learning college its by NCFE OR NFCE one or the other not sure without looking but cant be bothered to get up just now..lol

Pipsqueak
27-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I have done level 2 safeguarding - that was really interesting. i have explored safeguarding more in depth through NVQ L3and DHC and now we are seriously indepth at Uni.

We are into the final module and we have explored, theories and models of abuse and some other really really tough stuff, looked at legislation, serious case reviews etc. I am just going to start on the assignment.

nannymcflea
28-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I have done level 2 safeguarding - that was really interesting. i have explored safeguarding more in depth through NVQ L3and DHC and now we are seriously indepth at Uni.

We are into the final module and we have explored, theories and models of abuse and some other really really tough stuff, looked at legislation, serious case reviews etc. I am just going to start on the assignment.

Thanks Pip, thats the sort of thing I am after, legislation, case reviews, what to do in a court of law etc. Have you found it distressing or has it been handled sensitively? Thank you.

sarah707
28-03-2010, 04:57 PM
When I proofed Pip's last short essay on the Victoria Climbe case, I complimented her on the way she had handled the information without emotion.

She said it had taken her a while to get to the point where she could do that!

I think anyone who reads such harrowing stories is going to be affected mentally and emotionally.

It's possibly because we work with children and get so close to them that we become so emotionally charged by what we learn can happen to them.

I suppose it depends on you having a good support network around you to help you cope as well doesn't it?

Hth :D

nannymcflea
28-03-2010, 06:30 PM
When I proofed Pip's last short essay on the Victoria Climbe case, I complimented her on the way she had handled the information without emotion.

She said it had taken her a while to get to the point where she could do that!

I think anyone who reads such harrowing stories is going to be affected mentally and emotionally.

It's possibly because we work with children and get so close to them that we become so emotionally charged by what we learn can happen to them.

I suppose it depends on you having a good support network around you to help you cope as well doesn't it?

Hth :D

Thank you.

I may have to "toughen up" a little then for group training as I find it hard to read peices on child abuse without becoming emotional.

It's interesting to learn that I may have to tackle this subject for my foundation degree too but hopefully after doing the DSO course I will be well on the way.

Thank you again.