PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been Offered...........

helenlc
27-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Ok, so we were talking at CM Drop In yesterday and about parents paying and not being able to pay.

My friend said one of her parents brought her a round a bowl of fruit once saying "I cant afford to pay you, please accept this":eek: :laughing:

We then all laughed hysterically and joked about how she put it through her books ie one orange, two bananas etc!!:laughing:

But I was just wondering if anyone had ever been offered anything else as payment instead of money ie Tesco vouchers or anything.

(And keep it clean!!!:blush: )

For the record, I havent - clean or otherwise!!!:laughing:

ajs
27-03-2010, 08:07 AM
no not by a parent anyway and i wouldn't accept it either

sunflower
27-03-2010, 08:18 AM
No nothing offered, they just make me wait....and wait...:panic:

I often wonder whos running my business...:laughing:

Ive had parents say they havent got money till (day/ week)! and then im their next breath they tell me about something expensive they have bought or holiday just booked

angeldelight
27-03-2010, 08:32 AM
How very weird

I would have said " No thanks I prefer the money " :laughing:

Angel xx

miffy
27-03-2010, 08:57 AM
How very weird

I would have said " No thanks I prefer the money " :laughing:

Angel xx

Good answer! :laughing:

Never been offered anything like that. One parent did try and give me a cheque once whilst telling me it might bounce :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
27-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Good answer! :laughing:

Never been offered anything like that. One parent did try and give me a cheque once whilst telling me it might bounce :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

The nerve of some :laughing:

Angel xx

singingcactus
27-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I haven't for childminding, but assuming it was a beneficial offer for both of us then I wouldn't have a problem. A bowl of fruit for 50+ hours of childcare wouldn't cut it for me though :).

RedDragon
27-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes - 4 rolls of wallpaper:D

teacake2
27-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I had half a pig ready for the freezer once, I knew I would never get any cash from parent, so accepted it.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Teacake2

Mollymop
27-03-2010, 02:32 PM
no i haven't but one friend was offered tesco vouchers! lol ( I posted a thread about it) I myself would have said no to them, sounds harsh but I want paid properly! :D

Avon
27-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I childminded for the value of a travel cot once when I used to be a childminder with SSAFA in Cyprus, we agreed on a price for that cot and I childminded up to that value 'for free'. Of course this was agreed beforehand. I also used to get paid on payday or the day after, which was agreed at the first meeting.