PDA

View Full Version : Individual planning for different children

retha
27-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Hi everyone

I plan according to themes/topics - one for each month and note down celebrations or festivals to do as a group.
I then plan Group activities that fits with the theme and Individual activities for each child according to their interests and next steps from the previous week's observations.

So for example I will do activity in the morning that fits with children's individual interests and then in afternoon a group activity according to theme.

Firstly - do you think I'm on the right path doing it like this?

Secondly - if I have 2 different children and one is interested in cars and the other in dressing up as a princess, how do I plan individual activities for both each day? If I do an activity involving cars the other child will obviously not be interested...?
:huh:

Every time I think I've figured everything out, I get confused again!
Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks.

mama2three
27-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I try to make sure that individual needs are covered as part of my continuous provision - so there would be cars and ramp out to play with , as well as crowns , tiaras , dresses in the role play / dress up area . My childrens individual needs atm cover a lot of pse so again i work them into routines. some activities can be worked to involve their interests too , so if i had children with your interests i might do transport - and include cinderella and design a fantasy carriage. of course it depends on their ages.