PDA

View Full Version : just a few questions...

Mookins
26-03-2010, 08:44 PM
only a few days left now until i get my first offical meeting to get into childminding...have been doing so much preperation now so hopefully can get started asap

few questions as a newbie that i would like to know please

nappy changing- does this have to be in a seperate room? i mean if you have to change a bottom but cant leave mindees for too long do you do it somewhere like the floor on a change mat? is that allowed or on a sofa on a change mat? or have i just uttered obscenities...my friend said it probably be in a completely different room due to mindees privacy...:panic:

Medicine cabinet- i thought of having a whole seperate lockable cupboard for medicines, with list of whats in it, then can include mindees with relevant paperwork from and for parents signing...was this just a good idea or something thats a must have?

also- with regards to medicine-hate to ask cos i feel silly but...are you allowed to offer something like calpol to a child if they are feeling unwel (with parents permission) or is this a nogo area?

Ive decided that i will do meals with no cost to parents if they want anything-regarding dietry requirements if its severe like lactose/gluton/cows milk/diabetic etc etc do you just say provide your own(politely of course)
Babies im going to say make sure their bottles are ready made, and food also to be supplied..does anyone else do this?

think thats enough for now

thank you my lovelies

x xx

babs
26-03-2010, 08:50 PM
only a few days left now until i get my first offical meeting to get into childminding...have been doing so much preperation now so hopefully can get started asap

few questions as a newbie that i would like to know please

nappy changing- does this have to be in a seperate room? i mean if you have to change a bottom but cant leave mindees for too long do you do it somewhere like the floor on a change mat? is that allowed or on a sofa on a change mat? or have i just uttered obscenities...my friend said it probably be in a completely different room due to mindees privacy...:panic:

Medicine cabinet- i thought of having a whole seperate lockable cupboard for medicines, with list of whats in it, then can include mindees with relevant paperwork from and for parents signing...was this just a good idea or something thats a must have?

also- with regards to medicine-hate to ask cos i feel silly but...are you allowed to offer something like calpol to a child if they are feeling unwel (with parents permission) or is this a nogo area?

Ive decided that i will do meals with no cost to parents if they want anything-regarding dietry requirements if its severe like lactose/gluton/cows milk/diabetic etc etc do you just say provide your own(politely of course)
Babies im going to say make sure their bottles are ready made, and food also to be supplied..does anyone else do this?

think thats enough for now

thank you my lovelies

x xx

nappy changes i do on floor in living room...
1st aid box under kitchen sink lock ob cupboard / with accident book
bottles ... powered milk in seperate container already measured out / cooled boiled water in bottle measured to powered milk so u just have to mix.
capol. i have written permission but ring before i give if they come down with a temp while here. then parents sign to say i have given at end of day or when they put up ..

Mookins
26-03-2010, 09:04 PM
nappy changes i do on floor in living room...
1st aid box under kitchen sink lock ob cupboard / with accident book
bottles ... powered milk in seperate container already measured out / cooled boiled water in bottle measured to powered milk so u just have to mix.
capol. i have written permission but ring before i give if they come down with a temp while here. then parents sign to say i have given at end of day or when they put up ..

oooh yes thats right cos it doesnt keep after a certain time made up...

thanks soooo much

x x