PDA

View Full Version : Advertising before registration?

lady marmalade
26-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of registering to become a childminder, I've done my course, and am just working through my policies and paperwork ready to send off my Ofsted form.

Is it OK to start advertising before you're ofsted registered? I will need to get some clients lined up before I hand my notice in at my current job, and would like to get the ball rolling! Is it OK to advertise whilst going through the registration process?

Thanks in advance!
LMx

birch24
27-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I have just registered and i have to admit i did advertise before i registered. I think as long as you make it clear that you are still in the process of registering it will be ok.

good luck x

Avon
27-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Birch24, how long after you sent off your forms did you become registered?

I am not gonna start advertising til I know the CRB's are done I think and know that the cert is nearly on its way. Maybe just mention to people that I am almost reg so it gets around by word of mouth. Saying that I have one family who are hoping I am going to be reg by Sept for wrap around care for their lad!

Tinglesnark
27-03-2010, 04:57 PM
i was told not to advertise until i had my registration but theres nothing stopping you from telling everyone that you meet!
good luck
x