PDA

View Full Version : What shall i tell my girls??

theplayroom
26-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Unfortunatley we have to give our 2 kittens away - long story, but their going - I have found a good home for them but the big question is what shall i tell my 2 daughters - mainly my 5 year old who i susspect will be 'traumatised' from the drama of it rather than her actual loss

The 3 ideas i have come up with so far is that - theyve died, harsh but hopefully well never mention them again OR a little boy is sad and dosent have any cats (weve still got our elderly cat) so theyve gone to live with him OR they need to go to anouther home because we arent at home enough to give them attention they diserve (that bits true)

Ive never had to have serious talk with them before - any advise!

Sally

Graham
26-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I would tell them the truth but in a way that they can understand, I don't think telling them that the kittens had died would be a good idea it might make them even sadder.

EllaBella
26-03-2010, 05:50 PM
you goto go with the truth, but in a way that is understandable for their ages. sorry your losing your kittens though xx

babs
26-03-2010, 07:22 PM
tell them the truth,.... goin to be hard but u cant lie to them . my mindees cat just had kittens and mum isnt keeping so let me know how they take it...

i brought a toy kitten in a basket for her to play with while here as i told her she cant bring the kittens with her she wanted too..

theplayroom
26-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks you all right the truth is the way to go but i think ill wait untill they are actually gone -:(