PDA

View Full Version : Dudley Zoo or Chester Zoo

Fabby
26-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Which one would you recomend?? x

sandy64
26-03-2010, 11:56 AM
i love chester zoo and its nearer to me we are going in easter hols. havent been to dudley since i was little and lived down south many moons ago lol:)

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Well I am no help because I like both :laughing:

Both very different though and Chester is bigger and got more

Angel xx

manjay
26-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Can't compare as never been to Dudley Zoo but we live very close to Chester Zoo and have annual passes. It's great and we spend a lot of time there.

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 11:58 AM
i went to Chester Zoo 2 years ago and it was expensive and dreary...i come from chester and it was a great day out when i was a kid...it just looked sad now.
But that was a couple of years ago and i think money has been spent on it since.

I havent been to Dudley zoo.

what about knowsley safari park nr liverpool?

or the big sealife place at ellesmere port....apparently that is brilliant.

hope this helps....or confuses you more!

love mandy x

manjay
26-03-2010, 12:04 PM
i went to Chester Zoo 2 years ago and it was expensive and dreary...i come from chester and it was a great day out when i was a kid...it just looked sad now.
But that was a couple of years ago and i think money has been spent on it since.

I havent been to Dudley zoo.

what about knowsley safari park nr liverpool?

or the big sealife place at ellesmere port....apparently that is brilliant.

hope this helps....or confuses you more!

love mandy x

Blue Planet I think is expensive and takes no time at all to walk around. NIce as a one off but not good value for money imo.

The zoo has undergone a lot of work over the last few years and they are in the process of trying to get permission for a bio dome similar to the Eden Project. We quite often go just for an hour on the adventure playground:rolleyes:

Fabby
26-03-2010, 12:07 PM
i went to chester zoo last summer and it was a really good day out. i am going go on the coach and proctors do both trips but just a big difference in the price. I reckon Dudley is prob smaller than Chester

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Blue Planet I think is expensive and takes no time at all to walk around. NIce as a one off but not good value for money imo.

The zoo has undergone a lot of work over the last few years and they are in the process of trying to get permission for a bio dome similar to the Eden Project. We quite often go just for an hour on the adventure playground:rolleyes:

thanks for that...i am a bit out of touch with stuff these days...my 23yr old will not thank me for taking her to these places! As i said long time since i visited...i did go to the lovely house there for a social services training day about 3 years ago and that was being renovated. It looked lovely.
I think a trip will be on the cards for this summer..

I come from Farndon (dont live there anymore though)

sarah707
26-03-2010, 12:20 PM
We love Chester Zoo - it's a proper day out! :D

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 12:22 PM
We love Chester Zoo - it's a proper day out! :D

i had my first snog at chester zoo....:blush: next to the lion enclosure

then he gave me a cornetto....it was true love.

a lovely day trip from the Bishop Heber in the late 70s....memories!

miffy
26-03-2010, 12:23 PM
It's years since I've been to either but I liked Chester the best :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

RedDragon
26-03-2010, 12:57 PM
i had my first snog at chester zoo....:blush: next to the lion enclosure

then he gave me a cornetto....it was true love.

a lovely day trip from the Bishop Heber in the late 70s....memories!

:D

I had my 11th birthday at Chester Zoo - I come from Wrexham.

Tink
26-03-2010, 01:13 PM
We took DD for her 1st birthday,to Chester zoo, it was the best day ever and i'll always remember her 1st birthday.
I've not been to the other so can't compare but I would highly recommend Chester:thumbsup:

manjay
26-03-2010, 01:23 PM
thanks for that...i am a bit out of touch with stuff these days...my 23yr old will not thank me for taking her to these places! As i said long time since i visited...i did go to the lovely house there for a social services training day about 3 years ago and that was being renovated. It looked lovely.
I think a trip will be on the cards for this summer..

I come from Farndon (dont live there anymore though)

I am from Tarvin originally but moved over the border about 10 years ago. My family are all still in that area.

We usually organise a forum trip to the zoo during the summer hols. Maybe you could join in:D

charleyfarley
26-03-2010, 02:16 PM
We haven't been to Dudley zoo for years so can't really say

Do like Chester zoo though but we normally go to Blackpool Zoo so we can use our Tescos vouchers :D

Carol xx

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I am from Tarvin originally but moved over the border about 10 years ago. My family are all still in that area.

We usually organise a forum trip to the zoo during the summer hols. Maybe you could join in:D

give me a heads up when you plan a trip...but i will keep away from the lions and cornettos

babs
26-03-2010, 05:27 PM
chester zoo but never been to dudley ... oh looks like we should organise i meet up at chester zoo....:thumbsup:

Fabby
26-03-2010, 05:33 PM
yes definately, i think we should arrange a meet up!!

Monkey1
26-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Chester definatly! Dudley is just a concrete jungle. Chester is expensive but if you get your tickets from cheshire oaks info desk its cheeper and you get fast tracked.

FussyElmo
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Chester definatly! Dudley is just a concrete jungle. Chester is expensive but if you get your tickets from cheshire oaks info desk its cheeper and you get fast tracked.

OOOOOO how much cheaper we will thinking of going in the holidays but were considering Colwyn Mountain Zoo but if its cheaper :)

Monkey1
26-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I think its 9.00 per person peak time :clapping: