PDA

View Full Version : EASTER EGGS AND YOU !!!

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Do you have easter eggs or egg ?

Do you have an easter gift

Just curious really

Angel xx

sandy64
26-03-2010, 08:28 AM
i give a easter egg to lo and my own kids i usually get given flowers from dh and my mum.

ajs
26-03-2010, 08:33 AM
noone ever buys me one but i have bought the 97p ones form morrisons for all of mine my own and my friends 5

i bought myslef the little bag of mixed cadbury eggs which are caramel and creme eggs and have eaten a few of those already

Chimps Childminding
26-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Bought eggs for mindees, my sons and their g/f's, also friends sons, but never get one!! Though to be honest unless you buy them on offer it is much better value to buy a bar of chocolate guess my guys have heard me whinging about this for years so don't bother buying me one :laughing:

Tink
26-03-2010, 08:50 AM
My mum still buys me one :laughing:

My DD doesn't eat chocolate so she's having some new clothes and Peppa Pig DVD

singlewiththree
26-03-2010, 09:28 AM
My mum still buys me one too :) I've hinted and hinted to my BF so hoping for one from him too! The girls are getting too old now and hide them from me :rolleyes: Two years ago I was still putting them all together in a cupboard and we would just all eat it, but last year DD then 8 decided it was better if she kept her's separate so DD age 3 wanted to do the same and I only could partly munch on DD age 2. This year I know they will be monitoring them :panic:

Roseolivia
26-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Ive just bought all mindees eggs and my family and bought me and Chris one. Spent about £20 at Tesco's they're mostly all half price.

sweets
26-03-2010, 12:07 PM
i love easter eggs :) got to be cadburys tho!

last year i bought all the childrens eggs early which was a big mistake as i ended up eating them and having to go out and buy more!

i went to tesco the other day to get them and bought myself one too so that i dont pinch thiers, unfortunately i dont think the plan has worked as ive eaten mine already and the childrens are in the cupboard calling to me! :laughing:

Mollymop
26-03-2010, 12:41 PM
No I don't like easter eggs/choc.

sweets
26-03-2010, 12:49 PM
No I don't like easter eggs/choc.

that weird :panic: :panic: :laughing:

are you serious? how can anyone NOT like chocolate!

Graham
26-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Total waste of money, buy a chocolate bar much better value or better still get some fruit, much healthier. :D

mamasheshe
26-03-2010, 04:38 PM
we usually buy the girls a spring pressie (last year i brought china plates with rabbits on ) everyone else buys them chocolate

PixiePetal
26-03-2010, 04:44 PM
we are always on hols in Cornwall over Easter. We (DH, DD 15, DS 13, and ME!) all have them. Part of the holiday tradition.

A bar of choc is just not the same Graham :rolleyes: . I remember my mum deciding that eggs were a rip off and got us all a 'fun size' bag of whatever we wanted each instead. Just not the same.

and fruit, yes healthy, but I eat that all the time. Bahh humbug to you!! :laughing:

Bushpig
26-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh shush Graham ;)

I give fam/friends and egg/Easter bar if we are seeing them over the Easter wkend. Hubby, sis and I are together on Easter Sunday and we... (pls note we are all in our thirties... and there are NO kids... lol) will do the usual thing we do at Easter...a TREASURE HUNT! We have a large garden and some eggs and three eager adults... :blush:

ajs
26-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh shush Graham ;)

I give fam/friends and egg/Easter bar if we are seeing them over the Easter wkend. Hubby, sis and I are together on Easter Sunday and we... (pls note we are all in our thirties... and there are NO kids... lol) will do the usual thing we do at Easter...a TREASURE HUNT! We have a large garden and some eggs and three eager adults... :blush:

but don't you know where they all are if there is noone to hide them from you

Graham
26-03-2010, 05:10 PM
A bar of choc is just not the same Graham

But that's the point it IS the same, its chocolate, except you get more for your money, just close your eyes and pretend it's egg shaped and hollow. :laughing:

babs
26-03-2010, 05:11 PM
easter egg chocloate bars maybe more value for money but not the same u can have a chocolate bar any time of the year... ive brought mindees eggs, son didnt want egg he wants a car:laughing:

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 05:12 PM
But that's the point it IS the same, its chocolate, except you get more for your money, just close your eyes and pretend it's egg shaped and hollow. :laughing:

Think she meant the bit about the fruit Graham :laughing: :laughing:

Unless of course you dip the fruit in chocolate ha ha

Angel xx

Graham
26-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I give in with you ladies, you'll all be going on a diet after Easter, mark my words. :laughing:

Put's tin hat on and heads for cover. :p

TheBTeam
26-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I have bought myself one this year, a crunchie one! No one in my family likes them so as they are my favourite I can eat all of it!

angeldelight
26-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I give in with you ladies, you'll all be going on a diet after Easter, mark my words. :laughing:

Put's tin hat on and heads for cover. :p

:laughing: :laughing:

See you get SOME things right - not bad for a male ha ha

Angel xx

Bushpig
26-03-2010, 05:50 PM
but don't you know where they all are if there is noone to hide them from you

We each take turns to hide them on the day :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
26-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I get one :blush: :thumbsup:

EllaBella
26-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I dont celebrate easter, but some of the eggs look gorgeous!! my daughter gets loads of them,

i dont buy my mindees eggs ,but we make birds nests ( shredded wheat ripped, melted choc, stirred , put in cases, with mini eggs on them) and they take them home in gift wrap.

hotel chocolate hve got some dippy egg and soldiers easter gifts and a fab egg that is white with pink orange grafitti splashes on it, now i want that egg!!!!!

WibbleWobble
26-03-2010, 05:58 PM
DD#2 has diabetes so she has cash...her older sister has cash too.
it has turned into an expensive business...£20 each!
flamin heck!

i dont have anything....i will just eat until its all gone!

PixiePetal
26-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Oh shush Graham ;)

I have hollow plastic eggs which we put mini eggs in. When the kids were young I set up a hunt - now we take the plastic eggs on holiday and play it there with SIL and her family :thumbsup: Youngest is my 13 yr old DS up to 50 +

Gets really good when you have had a few drinks and people are calling 'hot' and 'cold' when you are near/far from them. We take it in turns or children against adults.

debbie
26-03-2010, 10:07 PM
i brought lo's a basic egg from asda at 50 pence each and then from tesco i brought pack of 4 baskets for £1.50. i love chocolate/eggs but have a food intolerence and ohhh the concequences not so nice.