PDA

View Full Version : Costco

pinklady
25-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Is it worth getting Costco membership? DH is very anti it but I'm really tempted.

Mookins
25-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Do you have to pay to become a member? dont know where you are hun but im a makro member they are free to join?!
hope that helps

x x x

ajs
25-03-2010, 08:13 PM
ooh yes it's great there

yes you do have to pay but remember we can claim back the membership in your tax return

sarah707
25-03-2010, 08:13 PM
We have a Makro card. It's free! :D

suez
25-03-2010, 08:17 PM
i had a cosco card i havent renewed it didnt find it that brill to be honest prob only went bout twice last yr takes about 40 mins drive to get there :(

avril
25-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a costco card I think the trade membership was approx £23.00 and I love it there! My children love going just to eat the samples of food they offer as yo go round :rolleyes:

ajs
25-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a costco card I think the trade membership was approx £23.00 and I love it there! My children love going just to eat the samples of food they offer as yo go round :rolleyes:

snap

in a book i read they called that the pensioners buffet

avril
25-03-2010, 08:38 PM
snap

in a book i read they called that the pensioners buffet

That made me laugh!!!:laughing:

cas2805
25-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I am putting my membership through my accounts. They have got pampers on special at the moment, Will try and get there, if I see any other bargains, I will let you know

karen m
25-03-2010, 09:04 PM
i have costco membership not used it this year yet,but still think it is worth it likes others have said put it through your books,basically works out £2 month when you go it's worth while

Mouse
25-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I've been a member for years & love it...especially the food samples :laughing: :laughing: We're only 10 minutes away from our Costco, so go quite often just for a look.

I get my photos developed there (well, I do it all online & they're usually ready to collect within a couple of hours) and they do brilliant poster size collages for £1.99.

Some things aren't particularly cheap, so you do have to check prices, but you do get some good bargains. A while back I got a huge pack of coloured paper that was cheap and has lasted for ages.

Amaranth
25-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I have a costco card and use it loads. They have loads of good offers on throughout the year. I buy all my toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and tissues in bulk from costco.
My dd loves going to try all the food samples too :laughing:
We also have to get a pack of muffins every time we go, they are gorgeous... but so huge I can only manage half of one at a time!
I have to say, I certainly get my monies worth from my membership. :thumbsup:

Also, if you have trade membership and you go first thing in the morning when they open mon-fri you usually get a cup of coffee and a choice of nibbles. Usually things like muffins, pain au chocolat, croissants, almond tarts etc...

The cafe is also fab and verrrry cheap, i think it is £1.75 for a huge jacket potato with tuna in!

I also have a makro card but don't go there as often any more because since they have refurbished my local one it is so dark and dingy I don't like it. I used to work for makro too and I know that the one thing they did used to struggle with a lot was keeping up to costco prices.

Daisy1956
25-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I use Costco some things are more expensive but I save more than my membership costs on the saving I make on toilet-rolls alone.

pinklady
26-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I went for it and got my Costco card this morning...I'm very excited!:D

helenlc
26-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I got an invitation through from them the other day to sign up. I might have to retrieve it out the recylcling box.:blush:

My nearest one is about 20 minutes drive away - which is fine. But it is also on the same industrial estate as Ikea - so any money I might save in Costco will just get spent in Ikea!!!:laughing: :laughing:

pinklady
27-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a perfect arrangement Helen!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

helenlc
27-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a perfect arrangement Helen!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think so!!!:D

angeldelight
27-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Is it worth getting Costco membership? DH is very anti it but I'm really tempted.

If you want to spend more money then yes join :laughing:

Angel xx

geordiebunny
27-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I got an invitation through from them the other day to sign up. I might have to retrieve it out the recylcling box.:blush:

My nearest one is about 20 minutes drive away - which is fine. But it is also on the same industrial estate as Ikea - so any money I might save in Costco will just get spent in Ikea!!!:laughing: :laughing:

I like your thinking oh how i wish i lived back in the north east, can you tell am home sick, everything was close by. I always had to get the doughnuts couldnt help myself.

LittleStar's
27-03-2010, 03:27 PM
We get our washing powder and the Danish Pastries!

Think they have johnsons wipes on offer at mo!

FizzysFriends
27-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Their carrot cake is very nice