PDA

View Full Version : Help i am getting very stressed about paper work!!

hscott6
25-03-2010, 11:03 AM
hi,
I am just starting out and am lots with the what i need to have for paperwork?? i have written all my polices, i have made a file about a child and there details etc.. i have a health and safety file and with risk assessments in. have i missed anything??????

H
:(

Pipsqueak
25-03-2010, 11:54 AM
you will need contracts, child record forms etc when the child starts - I put these in the childs individual folder and this builds into their learning journal with obs, photos, work etc.

You have your Policies and Procedures and RA's.
don't forget your fire evacuation record sheet
do you have a copy of the Safer Food Better Business Pack for Childminders - this in effect is your Food Hygiene. Have you registered with your local environmental health?

Do you have a welcome pack or brochure for parents?

Sounds like you are fairly organised:thumbsup: :clapping:

Can't think of anything else of the top of my head
Have you registered as self employed with the tax office

Toothfairy
25-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Every CM does things their own way, so its up to you how you arrange your paperwork.

I have mine all in seperate folders;

* Risk Assessments plus daily,weekly,monthly,yearly tick lists for
house/resource safety, cleaning etc
* Fire drill log and alarm testing log
* Visitors book
* Complaints/compliments & Safe guarding Folder
* Policies and procedures
* Planning folder (copies go into the childrens own folders too)
* EYFS folder for each child in EYFS
* 'All about me' folder for each child with their contact details, Contracts, likes & dislikes, routines, signed permission slips, questionaires etc
* A daily diary for each child
* CPD folder with certificates, CRB, memberships, courses etc
* Daily register
* Parent pack
* Safer food folder
* Accident/incident/medication Book

I'm not saying you have to have all this but its just the way I set my paperwork out.

HTH :thumbsup:

hscott6
25-03-2010, 01:32 PM
A massive massive thank you ladies x
:clapping: :laughing:

hscott6
25-03-2010, 01:38 PM
big thank you ladies just a few more question??

what is fire evacuation record sheet? ( is it just a record of evacuation route)
thanks again
H:)

Toothfairy
25-03-2010, 04:34 PM
On mine I logg;

Date of fire drill, time the drill took place, how long it took to evacuate the building, who was present and any notes for next time. I do this every 2 months or sooner if a new child starts. In the front of the file I also have a copy of my fire procedure, I also have a laminated copy of this on the wall.

I then have a seperate section with the weekly date I test the fire alarm (I have a built in Co2 alarm otherwise I would log this seperately).

HTH :thumbsup: