PDA

View Full Version : What must i have ready for pre reg inspection?

marzi
24-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I havent been on here for ages, I've been trying to sort my life out lol I know a massive, scary task!

My question, or rather questions, does my house have to be completely ready when the Ofsted inspector comes round? And do i need to have everything i.e equipment, toys, etc by then?

Twinklestars
24-03-2010, 04:14 PM
hi, no you don't need to have everything ready or toys bought, you may not have for example a baby for a while so it would be silly to go out and spend loads on toys til you have one that age.

All i did was make a list of the things I needed to do and the inspector was happy with that, make a list such as fire guard, bolts on gates, toys as needed, fire blanket etc etc and they will be fine. Make a start if you can but as long as you do all the safety things before you start minding it will be fine.

caz3007
24-03-2010, 04:45 PM
You dont have to be completely ready, but but be prepared to say what your plans are. Also some toys would be nice, but obviously if you are starting out, you wont have any where near as much as you would probably like. I remember telling my inspector that I had some toys and then would get some more age appropriate things when I knew the ages of the children I would be minding.

I took on a baby, had a few things from my own DS, but luckily there was NCT sale the weekend before he was starting. :clapping:

marzi
24-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. That definitely helps.

littlestar
24-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Just checking do you have your parent book ready eg: policys, procedures paperwork in order its nice for them to have a look at also remember ask for id :laughing:

marzi
19-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm just doing all my policies, trying to do a few a night so it's not quite so scary!

Vyx
19-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I obsessed about the paperwork before my inspection and ran myself ragged trying to get it ALL done. I didn't though but needn't have worried. Mrs O did have a flick through what I had done so far (she was especially interested in my pet policy as I have 2 large dogs and 3 parrots), as long as you have a good idea about what you need, you will be fine.

I also worried about equipment and toys as I haven't got any kids of my own so literally had nothing :eek: but she was great, I did put together a wish list (mostly from the Argos catalogue - I'm sure I should be eligable for shares by now lol) and she was happy that I had at least put some thought into it.

Good luch and try not to worry :D

Vyx
xx

marzi
19-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone

pinkbutterfly
13-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Lucky you all. I had my pre-reg visit 2 weeks ago and I found the inspector to be a bit on the picky side. She actually READ all my policies and picked up on a few things and asked me to change them. After the visit I contacted my tutor who said to leave it as it was and she was a bit puzzled by what the inspector didn't like. She asked to see my house risk assesment which I had done and also asked me for an outing risk assesment which I had no clue I should have had ready. She asked me to show her my fire alarms and asked if I have a carbon monoxide alarm (I didn't have it then). The booklet that I got from Ofsted about preparing to the visit was useless. She didn't ask any question from it. She asked me a couple of questions from the first aid course. The visit took about 2 hours. I hope I won't see her on my first inspection.