PDA

View Full Version : Sarah's ebooks

Fabby
24-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I want to purchase some of Sarah's ebooks, i would love to buy them all because they all look fabby but my pennies wont stretch that far. So, was wanting advise from all of you who have brought some and advise from Sarah of course on which ones i should buy to start off with. Any advise would be very appreciated

Thanks guys x

Leanne59
24-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I bought sarah's learning journals its great and so are the illistraions (sp) as I had not idea where to start and what to put in them. It told me everything and more!
I also bought sef one which gives you ideas of what to think about when writing it! I read lots of recommendations for this so thats why i bought it! and i was so true!

I think they are great, easy to read and worth every penny, will be buy some more in the near future
Hope this helps
leanne

mama2three
24-03-2010, 10:39 AM
the sef one is a godsend. but you wont need that one yet. how about the starting points one to start with?

Kimmy050983
24-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I bought several ones so far :D and the best (for me) were the

EYFS one (no 16) as it really explains teh EYFS and makes it a lot clearer :)

risk assessments (no 5) as it really helps in understanding them

and the organising your paperwork (no 25)

i have also bought
childminder´s daily diary
and resources for under 3´s (as my son is 16 months and intending to start with under 3´s)
planning

still want to buy

the multicultural book
the learning journey
observations

they are all great and printed them all off and currently reading them in bed every night :jump for joy:

avril
24-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I've got the multi cultural book and liked the idea that it was all there for you, planning, activities, linking it to EYFS especially as doing a degree at the mo so not a lot spare time :panic:

This book is espcially good as my last inspection was asked quite a lot of questions about multi cultural.

Daisy1956
24-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I agree, Sarah's EYFS book is a big help. I use her organising your paper work, risk assessment is brilliant. Top ten themes is really good to help with planing. I am waiting for her new e- books but I am sure I will be spending more but I think it is money well spent.

sarah707
25-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh gosh I just noticed this! :blush:

For information Antpop, the most popular by far is the Eyfs guides (no 18) which take you through inspections and the SEF.

Next come e-books 14 and 15 which talk about observation, assessment and planning.

Next in popularity is e-book 17, which is all about play for under 3s. I have an over 3s play book in my head but I haven't found time to write it yet :rolleyes:

Then the planning books, in no particular order. People say they save hours of work because the activity ideas are so do-able and they are multicultural and diverse which is good for Ofsted.

The little mini e-books were written as budget buys of potted information and they have good feedback as you can just spend a little on a subject that interests you.

I hope this helps and thank you for the question! :D