PDA

View Full Version : my daughter's having a sulk!

venus89
21-03-2010, 02:18 PM
at 9 years old! She's never sulked. She's sitting in the park with her back to me and refusing to talk because her brother let someone else join their game of football. I thought they were meant to get easier as they got older! Should i ignore it when she comes round or tell her that it,s embarassing and inappropriate?

LOOPYLISA
21-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry but they def don't get any easier the older they get :D

Pipsqueak
21-03-2010, 02:28 PM
ignore!

and sorry to tell you they don't get easier:rolleyes:

venus89
21-03-2010, 02:37 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo :panic:

Well, she's come round now and we've had a little chat about overreacting :rolleyes:

babs
21-03-2010, 04:31 PM
they get worse as they get older.... but they will always be ur little :littleangel: s

Chatterbox Childcare
21-03-2010, 04:45 PM
9 years in girls and 8 in boys is a horrible time for them. Hormones are starting and they are confused.

It happens for about 6-12 weeks. I put up with it with my first but the second went to her room each time as my fuse was shorter and then after a while she came back down happy. It didn't take too long this time, think it was about 6-7 weeks.

To be the bearer of more bad news - boys start again about 12!

FussyElmo
21-03-2010, 04:58 PM
9 years in girls and 8 in boys is a horrible time for them. Hormones are starting and they are confused.

It happens for about 6-12 weeks. I put up with it with my first but the second went to her room each time as my fuse was shorter and then after a while she came back down happy. It didn't take too long this time, think it was about 6-7 weeks.

So thats why eldest ds 8 is such a miserable little :littleangel:

Pipsqueak
21-03-2010, 05:03 PM

oh don't I know it! its worse than PMT he is UP - down UP - down, UP- FLARE UP (apparently the world IS coming to an end according to the Gospel of Robert - Prophet of Woe and Doom)

venus89
21-03-2010, 05:13 PM
:eek: can I send them away for a few years? Any takers?

karen m
21-03-2010, 05:17 PM
mine have all grown up so the age says 29,26,20,17,but they can still be big horrors,but love them all no matter what

sarah707
21-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Ds is 15 and the champion sulker of the town!

He has sulks that go on for days... we tend to ignore him and still involve him in family activities and get him to do his jobs :laughing:

Dd never really bothered with them but some of her temper tantrums are legendary :rolleyes:

Apparently they calm down a bit in their early 20s :D

Playmate
21-03-2010, 06:33 PM
:eek: can I send them away for a few years? Any takers?

If you find a taker can I send my 9 yr old DD along to please? mine tantrums for England :laughing: she has been walking around the house all day in shorts and a vest top, about an hour ago I asked her to go and put something more appropriate on to go to church (our church is quite relaxed, but not that relaxed!) and she flipped as a result she is upstairs sulking and Mick has gone to church on his own!
Have to be honest my elder 2 never did this, but I suppose they are all different :D

TheBTeam
21-03-2010, 09:29 PM
oh don't I know it! its worse than PMT he is UP - down UP - down, UP- FLARE UP (apparently the world IS coming to an end according to the Gospel of Robert - Prophet of Woe and Doom)

My ds is called Robert, he was 11 in december and we have been paying a huge price with temper for some time now, far longer than the 6months any behaviour pattern has lasted previously and now my dd 7 is starting similar, i personally would pack them both off for the next 10-15 years cos I have lost the will to live with it!

loocyloo
22-03-2010, 06:21 PM
anyone know of a boarding school that will take them at nearly 5 ? :laughing:

DD is just vile!

venus89
22-03-2010, 06:39 PM
anyone know of a boarding school that will take them at nearly 5 ? :laughing:

DD is just vile!

:laughing: :laughing: It gets worse

amandavin
24-03-2010, 01:17 PM
We've never responded to sulks in this house, I just don't DO them! They are always ignored and I would like to be able to tell you that as a result, my kids don't sulk...... But.... they tantrum instead!! :blush:

loocyloo
24-03-2010, 07:08 PM
:laughing: :laughing: It gets worse

NOOOOOOOOO!:panic: it can't !!!